Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psus2h

psus2h Active Member

I took all of my mono's out of the box and out of the seal back sleeves and put them on my shelf. I wasn't crazy about going in and out of the box to grab what I wanted.

sgtmono and timnor like this.
  2. Jenifer

Jenifer Forum Resident

Just as update to anyone who may still may be looking for a box. I have an order I placed from back in March on Amazon.de. I placed it when the price briefly hit 216 Euro because it was a good price and I was wondering it I should get another copy (I purchased the mono set in 2015 and it began my love affair with The Beatles :love:). I assumed based on reading this thread that it would probably never ship, but I received an update today that said it is expected to arrive next month. It still hasn't shipped yet, but maybe this means they might get a few more in stock before it is gone forever :goodie:.

Crossing my fingers

3. psus2h

psus2h Active Member

Interesting........

Tankbass73 likes this.
  4. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

It's been about almost two weeks now and Books A Million still has my boxset pending.

It also looks like they took the listing off the website.

5. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

At least you have a membership now, so this can be the first of many future disappointments.

6. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. gss

gss Forum Resident

I cancelled mine when they informed me they were "waiting for a new shipment from the publisher." Ain't happening.

Customer service was great, by the way. And they happily refunded the "membership" fee.

Any other leads?

8. glide

glide Forum Resident

Their CS told me these are not going to be in stock. I was able to get a refund on the membership I purchased along with the box set.

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
  9. Interesting, their CS just assured me that my order will be fulfilled....

10. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

11. glide

glide Forum Resident

I hope that is true but I think it is optimistic. They did not have the sets “in-stock” as they claim and no distributor has them currently.

12. via_atx

via_atx Forum Resident

Was just at Electric Fetus in Minneapolis and they had a couple of mono Revolvers and a mono White Album on the shelves.

13. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

14. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

I ordered something that was meant to be colour and they sent me black vinyl, not even a sorry. Otherwise they've been good.

15. Edgard Varese

They told me to send it back and they will send me the correct one. Which also means I'm out of pocket for postage from New Zealand...

It just occurred to me that it will be cheaper to keep the stereo and just re-buy the mono.

16. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

Those two seem to be the most plentiful.

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
  17. Edgard Varese

Of course, I actually did buy the box in 2014... it's just that my ex-wife is holding it hostage (no joke).

MrSka57, via_atx and breakingglass like this.
  18. Uglyversal

That's exactly what they did to me, and I did the same. I kept the black vinyl, besides the hassle I would have been out of pocket by a big percentage of the cost. If they would have said sorry and give me some BS, even if I knew it was it would have been less annoying but they only told me to return it and by then the colour ones were sold out.

19. Interestingly enough, she claimed the were currently being pressed and should ship sooner than later. I think if they do get them in stock, others will be getting them as well.

Between this and the Amazon.de stuff referenced above, I'm holding out slight hope that more boxes will be released. But we will see.

ZippyPippy likes this.
  20. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

ODShowtime and Alex Zabotkin like this.
  21. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

Just got Mono Masters in the mail. It's in perfect condition. Ordered it from reverb.

Man at C&A and Alex Zabotkin like this.
  22. Uglyversal

If there are more being pressed it shouldn't be a surprise as they were never a strictly limited numbered edition and I am sure the opportunity of selling more must be quite tempting.

OptimisticGoat and Christopher B like this.
  23. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

Talk to your local brick and mortar stores. Some of them order directly from Universal and have contact with their warehouse staff.

The box and all the individual LP's are definitely out of print and out of stock, except for titles like the WA and Revolver which are probably still sitting in the warehouse. Most retailers have them as well.

Christopher B and misterclean like this.
  24. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

It’s possible she’s just oblivious.

25. Could be. She responded with the answer very quickly - as if she has gotten the question multiple times previously.

Obviously until something actually ships, it's all just speculation. But with copies of Sgt Peppers selling for $150+, boxes on ebay for $800+, they'd be fools to not press more of these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.