Beatles Cartoons

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by joelee, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

If they redid the voices, all the animation likely would have to be adjusted for mouth movement. It is what it is.

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I'll take the Beatles cartoons over Yellow Submarine or Magical Mystery Tour (the movies) any day.

Bob Simmons likes this.
  3. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

I'm still surprised that Apple didn't see fit to release at least a few episodes of the series as part of a deluxe "Yellow Submarine" BluRay package, given the obvious connections that the series had with the movie. Putting one or two episodes in a package like that would enabled Apple to test consumer response, added real value to the package, and would have placated fans who have been waiting for some sort of official release of this series.

I know there are completists who want ALL of the episodes released, but I doubt that Apple would ever consider that, mostly because so many of the episodes feature some pretty offensive -- by today's standards -- ethnic stereotypes. So that means either (a) keeping it all in the vault, or (b) putting out some sort of carefully selected assortment of episodes. And option B means the release probably needs to be one element of a larger package. If it can't be part of a "Yellow Submarine" deluxe box, then perhaps there should be a Target-exclusive DVD or Best-Buy-exclusive DVD that features a few episodes and comes packaged with the next big Beatles home video release...

4. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

I don't know who recorded it, but that jingle is a King Features fanfare that was used elsewhere (in a different arrangement) on the old Blondie movies as well as the 1960s Cool McCool cartoon show, that I know of -- probably many other productions of theirs as well:

joelee and Mister Charlie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.