Beatles DLH Needle Drops

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alan G, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster Thread Starter

Has anyone heard these? How do they compare to the thousands of other needle drops that are around?

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Hi Alan, more acyronyms.....

What does DLH mean?

mud-

3. Alan G

No idea. That is how they were traded to me. I did see one review online that preferred them to the Millenium Remasters, Mirror Spock & Dr E. I will try to find that link.

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Thanks, Alan. If you find it please post it. I've never heard of these.

mud-

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm sure they are either recycles or homemade needle drops on CDR...Same old stuff...kind of depressing...

6. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Have all the Beatles stereo needle-drops come from MFSL pressings? I'm surprised that original Parlophone or Odeon vinyl isn't a more common source. A nice 60s pressing should provide some quality material without the infamous MFSL treble boost, right? :confused:

7. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Hi Andrew, I don't think they've all come from MFSL sources. Dr Ebbetts has a MFSL series to go along with his other titles. His US 45 set definitely did not come from a MFSL source.

mud-

8. Michael

There's a few German boots that used the UK vinyl as sources...They sounded pretty good but one had a dropout on a key track. I belive it was "With The Beatles" You might remember them as they were in Digipacs. Each individual LP on one Cee Dee with bonus tracks for each album.

9. Alan G

10. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

The DE U.K. albums are all from MFSL regardless of whether or not it says mfsl at the top of the album. The only difference is the art. The mono U.K. stuff and stereo versions of the first 4 albums along with all the other non U.K. stuff is all not mfsl.

11. Michael

Did you guys read the description of these? MAXED OUT! Wow!, now in the bootleg world...Pushed to the limits baby...Geez.

12. Sound

Sound Member

illegal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.