Beatles Japanese Albums Set to Be Released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by imthewalrus79, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Yeah,I'd like to think they would match this mastering of the stereo mix of Help! to the 2009 stereo box set,but we all know that's not gonna happen....
    It does say "2009 Remaster".....

I have these albums and made my own CD versions years ago....I love the mini Lp design,but there are a lot more things I can add to my
    collection for that price.....

2. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Why is this set so much? I would almost consider getting this for $50, but $150 (or whatever it is right now) is completely insane.

3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Waiting for warehouse deals!!

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  4. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

You don't buy many releases from Japan, do you? :)

Simon A likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

if this was not a rehash I would say it would be a decent investment...

6. Michael

unless one bought the Vol 1 Japanese US box for ten bucks!

7. Muzyck

Actually, now that you mention it, I did. No obi though :mad: Some folks that got in on that deal got 'em, some didn't. I want my obi. ;)

8. Michael

my box had an Obi.

9. Muzyck

I think mine was "re-shrinked" and the obi was a casualty. :shrug: It was still a great deal. Now if I could only get volume 2 at that price.

10. Michael

yes, that would be great!...I paid around $95.00 for my copy when it first came out...a treasure.

Simon A likes this.
  11. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

4 out of 5 ear doctors recommend obis for better sound. :righton:

Simon A likes this.
  12. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

I am sincerely hoping that the Help! album on this box uses a "louder" version of the original 1965 mix to match the levels of the other discs.

ShallowMemory and Sean Murdock like this.
  13. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Mine shipped today!

14. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

If I end up buying the Japan Box, that will be the main reason I do it -- to get a complete copy of the 1965 stereo Help! normalized to 2009 levels.

Duophonic likes this.
  15. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Mine's on its way from Japan ...

Jack likes this.
  16. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I was going to cancel my pre-order after the mono Lp box announcement but that's the main reason I didn't. I want to hear the original "Help!" lp mix sounding like the 2009 CDs. Sickness yes but that's me!

Sean Murdock likes this.
  17. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Mine too, altho truth be told, only because I failed to cancel before the status hit "In Shipping Process". (The US version would have been sufficient at the lower price.)

18. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

I just made a Beatles No. 5 burned disc from the 2009's and played it, I think the sequence is too weird for my tastes. Afterwards, I also made a Japan Meet The Beatles burned disc from the 2014 US box (using the 2012 Beatles 1 "From Me To You") and while the sequence was still a little weird it was more cohesive.

19. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

mmmm If they're doing Japanese releases, why not release the unique Beatles Canadian LPs, Beatlemania With the Beatle (wide stereo/narrow and wide stereo hybrid / mono), Long Tall Sally (stereo, mono,), and Twist and Shout (stereo, mono), and have Canadian Singles compilation CD of all the singles issued in Canada. Nice little box set with a booklet talking about the unique Canadian releases by Capitol Canada and as a bonus CD, Meet The Beatles released in Canada in the 1970s with Don't Bother Me with the extra "don't" in the verse.

20. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

I'm sure the US version of the box will not be anywhere close to the same quality as the Japanese one.

Still curious why there even are US and worldwide versions of this box. It made perfect sense as a Japan-only release. I mean how many do they really expect to sell?

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I canceled my pre-order with CD Japan and then ordered the set from amazon.com because the latter site was considerably cheaper. It seems that amazon.com is selling the same set. EMI-U.S. is producing these discs with obi strips? The only thing I saw that was different on CD Japan was the inclusion of a Japan-only postcard of some sort, which wasn't important to me.

22. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

As with every Japanese release there should also be a second booklet with all the lyrics to the songs and extra liner notes. This should make the size of the box larger as with the Mono Box.

23. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

Not sure why anyone would think the US version on Capitol is going to be the same quality as the Japanese-made box. With the exception of the 'Beatles in Mono' box, that never happens, and the only reason the mono box was good was because they were all made in Japan.

For example, just compare the US Albums box from Japan vs. the US made version. I'm guessing it will be a similar difference with this one.

Simon A likes this.
  24. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

...and I bring that up because the packaging is one of the main selling points here. Well that and the fact that a "Beatles Japanese Box" that is actually made in Japan seems a bit more desirable.

Simon A likes this.
  25. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I have a feeling Capitol is just importing these into the States, I don't think they're manufacturing them here. Could be wrong but I think they're just importing them. There's no PR push, not mentioned on Beatles.com, etc. If they were manufacturing them here I would think they'd be promoting it at least a little more then they are.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.