Beatles purchases you regret making

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bherbert, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident Thread Starter

Are there any Beatles purchases you regret making? Maybe you sold the item at a loss or you just don't bother listening to it.

2. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

none for me.

PhoffiFozz, Drifter and Terry like this.
  3. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

The first one :)

4. bherbert

Haha. I'm sure millions of people feel that way.

The Beave and blutiga like this.
  5. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

I bought the recent Japanese albums box for £30 - the one with the new remasters in Japanese album art...It's still sealed and I'll never play it (as don't need any of the content)
    It just sits there...

6. bherbert

My worst purchase was the Beatles 1 cd released in 2000.

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

One ?

8. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

There may have been one or two small regrets, but they weren't a big deal.

9. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Several. Anthology Vol. 1, then the BBC sets (including the expanded one) and I've yet to get any value out of the 1+ set. But it's not regret (I never really regret expenditure on music) ... more the feeling that I will never get enough pleasure out of them enough to justify the purchase.

Tingman and bherbert like this.
  10. bherbert

LOL

11. pork3

pork3 Forum Resident

I regret deciding to collect the Japanese EAS "flag" LP's from the 70's.

Bought maybe 10 of them before realizing they sounded awful, and the ones I don't have are difficult to find / expensive.

They look good though.

12. bherbert

I don't think anybody tops Apple Corps when it comes to milking fans.

13. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

14. goat65cars

goat65cars Jerry A Great Dog We Miss You RIP 2002 To 2020

bought the Odeon 2014 Japanese 50Th Anniversary 5Cd Box Set of the 2009 Japanese Remasters W Obi.
    UICY-76429/33
    Meet The Beatles-Mono
    Beatles No. 2-Mono
    Hard Days Night-Stereo
    Help-Stereo
    Beatles No.5-Mono
    Never Played. still sitting on shelve.

bherbert likes this.
  15. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

Just too many multiple copies of the same releases.

16. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

I made a blind purchase one time for "Beatle drummer", and they sent me Jimmie Nicol. Disappointing.

goodiesguy, Chip TRG, Madness and 4 others like this.
  17. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

I think that naming an outtake collection "Anthology" did disservice the band in some quarters.

I don't mean Beatles fans, and I'm not talking for myself here. But I do know people, regular people, Joe Schmo(es) who don't necessarily speak too much English or pay attention to liner-notes who were disappointed by Anthology Vol 1 that they'd purchased thinking it was a compilation, a real Anthology, not a rarities/unreleased/outtakes collection. The last time I had to explain what it was was only about two years ago. :eek: (There's also the "John Lennon Anthology"!).

I'm sure glad I didn't buy "Love"...

18. seilerbird

seilerbird Forum Resident

I bought a copy of Yesterday and Today from KACY in the summer of 1966 for $20. I resold it later that day for $25. It was a first state mono radio station copy with a cut upper left hand corner. I don't regret it since I actually got to own one of the rarest records of all time if only for an hour. I was actually doing this for a friend Bob who was a DJ at KACY. Our friend Jim called him up and offered him $20 for the sleeve but Bob would not sell it to him because he was afraid of how Jim's mother would react (she is certifiable) so he sold it to me so I could sell it to him. I got $5 and a stack of promo records for a half hours work. Jim has asked me recently if I regretted selling it since it went up in value so much. Nope, I am a record dealer and that is what I do, buy and sell used records and make a profit. I made a profit so I am happy.

19. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras

The first (Japanese) issue of Abbey Road on CD, the unofficial release. I sold it for less than I paid for it after the legitimate CD was issued. I have no idea what it's worth today.

20. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Forum Resident

In the 1970s I regretted buying Ringo's 'Sentimental Journey' on LP, and still don't have the CD.

It's interesting how tastes change over the years, and now that we have spotify and the like, I should give it a re-listen to see how I find it decades later.

21. Smxx777

Smxx777 Forum Resident

Some bootlegs with Anthology material and mono-stereo mixes which sound like the released officially.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  22. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

I bought the Back-Track bootleg in 1988. Most of the stuff was eventually released on the Anthology series in the mid 90s. For that reason, I never bothered with the Anthology.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  23. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

"Beatles purchases you regret making"

Are you bloody mad man? Regret, regret, regret? I only wish I`d bought 3 each of the original copies!
    Regret? The man`s demented!!!:realmad::cussing::realmad::cussing::realmad::cussing::realmad:

24. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Steven Wilson could run them a close second then!

somnar and DrBeatle like this.
  25. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

Introducing... The Beatles England's No.1 Vocal Group.

I got this back in the day when there was no internet and information was sparse on the ground. I knew some US pressings had different mixes, but didn't know which ones. I came across a copy of this LP. Was disappointed to find that it was just the first album mixes, the only difference being the lack of a "one, two, three" intro. My copy also jumped, and I think the sound quality was poor (although I haven't played it since I've owned decent equipment). I have always assumed it to be a counterfeit, but have never bothered to check. I bought this when I didn't have much money, and every LP purchase was a weighty decision. I never felt good about this one.

[​IMG]

goodiesguy, Lemon Curry, Sean and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.