Beatles - the best sounding versions of their songs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BrettyD, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrettyD

BrettyD Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks Doug!

This has me thinking...I don't really like the "winner is" very much.
    Maybe that column could be called "Best sound on"...and rather than runners-up we could have "Alternatives". A notation regarding in or out of print is a good idea, and a clear indication of format eg LP, CD, cassette. I should add the track listing too. And has anyone got some nice quality but thumbnail sized album cover jpgs?

I like the idea of adding more and more detail. I just won't think too hard about it in case I get scared.

2. Matt Ellers

Matt Ellers Senior Member

Best available sounding versions of single mixes would be good too, i.e. Singles Collection, E.P. Collecion, vinyl, CD etc.

3. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

The site looks excellent! I can't wait to read more! Nice work!:edthumbs:

------ Chris

4. mdpierocarey

mdpierocarey Forum Resident

I agree with Matt that a singles version would be a natural next step.

That would need to include the real 45s, the EPs, and orphaned tracks like Bad Boy and Across the Universe.

One other concern I would have is that the separate web site sort of takes focus away from these wonderful Steve Hoffman forums. BrettyD, I've been thinking you'll need to walk a fine line maybe, in that you could easily fall into quoting people without their permission, lifting material that belongs to Steve, etc. You should check with a Gort if you haven't already!

Cheers,
    Doug
    http://welcome.to/beatlestimeline

5. BrettyD

BrettyD Senior Member Thread Starter

It's a good point Doug.
    I have acknowledged on the site that the SH forums are the (main) source of information (and opinion). I'm avoiding direct quotes and aiming for compiling "the facts".

I hope it becomes a useful resource.

Brett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.