Best record stores - Cardiff or Birmingham?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Porkpie, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident Thread Starter

want to go record shopping in different city (for used vinyl) other than Bristol - any recommendations between Cardiff or Birmingham?

2. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

3. uncarvedbloke

uncarvedbloke Forum Resident

Manchester am afraid, Vinyl Exchange, Afflecks Palace and numerous smaller ones around the Northern Quarter. Also a Fopp and Piccadilly records for new.

4. Dr Faustus

Dr Faustus A younger man now getting old

The Diskery in Birmingham is great - and they'll even give you a cup of tea (or a beer) while you browse. But be sure to ask for anything specific that you are looking for, as a lot of what they have isn't in the front. They also have a lot of kitch - framed pics of Elvis etc, which can be fun. Prices seem to be fair to a bit high, but they always come down if you haggle. Everything I've bought there, with one exception, has been in very good shape. They took the one exception back with no problem. I'm actually going there tomorrow.

The other place nearby I go to is Vinyl & Vintage in Wolverhampton. I really like this store, though I don't get there as often. They have a very eclectic collection, but I like going there for more alternative stuff. Their prices tend to be on the low side, but no haggling. I was there last weekend and picked up some very good disks at a very fair price (including a plum Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young Deja vu).

5. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident Thread Starter

That's great thanks. Cardiff has won out, so am looking forward to record hunting there tomorrow! Cheers for both suggestions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.