Big Brother 16 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I certainly agree that Derrick has played the best and most consistent game of this, or many, seasons. He's strategically made decisions and made alliances that get him closer to the end all the time. Donny is a man who is genuinely kind and thoughtful, a simple kind of man (Lynyrd Skynyrd!) who apparently is the real deal. I would like for him to win, but the Bomb Squad/Detonators seem to have a stranglehold on the game and are shooting fish in a barrel.

minerwerks likes this.
  2. rburly

I have to leave at 4:30, and unfortunately I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow. A colleage (who doesn't have the live feed) came in this morning and didn't mind me telling who is going home tonight, but he doesn't usually like me talking about the live feeds because he "and his lovely wife" watch the show together, so what happened last Friday was ... very different, or at least significantly different than what (all) happened. I post more tomorrow about what I saw. Let's just say that they gave everyone a much better edit than what actually happened, IMO. Sorry to be a tease, but have to leave! I'll write what I saw tomorrow night.

3. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

Victoria. Victoria. Victoria

(The swelling chant grows from all corners of America)

Victoria! Victoria! Victoria!

In the end, this will be the only alliance Derrick honors, but many of the stepped-on jurors will ignore his game skills, and give it to Victoria.

4. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

The segment featuring Rachel Reilly on CBS last night is hands down the most annoying thing I've seen on Big Brother all season. I recall watching part of a season she was on the show, but I can't imagine getting through an hour of TV today with her.

jriems likes this.
  5. rburly

She has to make it to the Final 2. I personally don't think she'll make it that far. Stranger things have happened though. :)

6. rburly

As soon as Rachel started talking, I realized why I had a very rough time watching her the times she was on. Her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

How about her calling the women weak and saying, "When I played the game, I won it by winning competitions." The only thing the segment with her did was remind me just how annoying she was/is. :confused:

applebonkerz and jriems like this.
  7. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

As soon as Chen-bot announced her segment I turned off the TV and went to bed LOL. As for what happened last night I am not surprised Nicole was sent packing. My hope is to have Derrick's nominations throw the competition so they can backdoor either Frankie or Christine.

rburly likes this.
  8. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

We did exactly the same. If I never hear that annoying woman's voice ever again, it will be too soon.

...and your scenario would be a welcome one in this household.

9. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Yes, I think there may be as many as one person in each corner chanting that chant. ;)

Tom in Houston likes this.
  10. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Maybe CBS will team Rachel up with Jeff next year!:cussing:

11. rburly

Jeff's interviews were OK at the beginning of the season, but they're on a constant loop when the HGs are playing a comp. Adding Rachel would cause me take up some other project for a couple hours. :nyah:

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  12. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

At least Julie didn't call her a "Big Brother Legend", just a "winner." :)

rburly and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  13. rburly

Urban dictionary:

1.beast mode cowboy
    A state of mind that produces an energetic, outgoing, sexual attraction to farm animals.
    Whenever I hit a pig, horse or cow my mind goes into beast mode cowboy.
    by DrWizard July 28, 2014

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  14. rburly

Derrick nominated Christine and Donny; Frankie nominated Caleb and Cody.

15. rburly

It was a week ago, but here's what happened as I recall. As you saw and remember, Frankie went to Nicole and told her to put up Derrick, Cody, Zach and Caleb. Nicole told Zach who was pissed. All the guys became pissed. In fact they wanted Frankie out and gone. Caleb went as far as volunteering to sabotage Frankie and him so they would have an easy shot to vote out Frankie. Frankie was a despised person at that point. They go out and play the game. We saw what happened there. I see them coming back in the house and hear Caleb say that he just "watched Frankie win the BOB by himself."

Frankie then decided to play his biggest and only card. Zach decides to confront Frankie. He wants an apology from him (which Frankie never did). He demands an apology from Frankie. As you saw, Derrick asks them to take it into another room because "We don't want everyone in the house hearing this." Frankie sits down, he sighs, he takes deep breaths, he takes long pauses. Frankie says, "There's something that I've been carrying around with me since we came into the house and it's been weighing me down." He goes on about this huge burden he's had and how bad it's been on him and how hard it's been for him for the whole time they've been there and he can't go on any longer carrying this around with him. You heard the quick version of something like "My sister is a huge pop start, I'm an internet star with 1.5 million followers on YouTube, etc." He went on to describe his sister, who she was and how big a pop star she is. Again, this takes another 10-15 minutes. Everyone begins to change (except Derrick and Cody, except they have to comment too) their attitudes about Frankie. Caleb does a 180 and becomes Frankie's best friend ever. Zach is amazed and astounded. Everyone has an orgasm. They decide to "tell the girls." Victoria starts Ariana-mania. She's a huge fan, has all her CDs and wants to meet her. Everyone wants and demands that Frankie introduce them.

Frankie has already divulged that any money he makes from the show will go toward "building schools in Africa for children who can't get an education." Frankie repeats over and over that any money he gets will go toward 'schools for African kids.'" He promises many things to all people. He will take several people to Africa. He will introduce them to his good friend Justin Bieber. Their jaws drop and they are amazed to be in his presence.

Eventually Zach still talks about an apology, but forgets about it because of his "new friend." Zack says to some of the other guys, "How can we even compete with 'schools for African kids'." Most of them feel they can't win because he's playing for charity. All this goes into the next day. Frankie goes from skunk to celebrity and there is no talk of wanting Frankie out for several days. Fortunately, Derrick is suspicious of Frankie's story and his "charity story" and a few other people start wondering if it was "just game." But, this is on par with Dan's "Funeral." It kept Frankie in the game and gave him life again.

minerwerks and jriems like this.
  16. rburly

Donny/Christine won Battle of the Block. Dethroned Derrick covered in orange goop.

applebonkerz likes this.
  17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I finally got to see Thursday night's show on demand. I wish I could have fastforwarded through the NFL thing, I am NOT a football fan. I still don't see how Frankie got a lot of capital and turned his standing around by revealing his "secret"--I guess I just underestimate the power of this sort of celebrity.

Nicole is gone. No one voted for her to stay! Man oh man this is a weird season. Derrick deserves to win this the way he's playing. But I still want Donny to win (not going to happen).

minerwerks likes this.
  18. rburly

Unfortunately I can't put into words the magic (or BS) that FranKie was able to put out there a week ago Friday night. It would be an Emmy or Academy award winning performance. He had everyone wrapped around his little finger. My jaw was on the floor most of the time watching those people eating it right up. You'd think they would have a clue that everyone is lying by now. That truth of his sister allowed him to make fantastic statements that were pure BS, but everyone did a 180 after he was done. It's one of the best reasons to have live feeds. It was amazing watching Frankie pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

I saw that one coming and told the guy I work with who didn't mind me telling him on Thursday. She thought she had a chance, but she never did. Donny pulled it out last night.
    Christine, as Donny's partner, said she threw the competition. I have my doubts, but everyone in the house was really impressed with whatever he did. As Caleb said, "He was in beast mode."

minerwerks likes this.
  19. minerwerks

I see what you mean about the edit making everyone look better. I didn't get the impression that the guys went so gaga about his story, but it appears that did happen. As I noted in a spoiler in a previous post, Victoria (of all people) talked with either Christine or Nicole about Frankie's claim to give his money to charity when everyone else had their reasons for needing the money (even Victoria, whose parents had such bad credit, they were putting things in her name).

EDIT: Had to mention a moment that made me laugh out loud last Wednesday. Zach suggested to Victoria that Frankie had been acting paranoid because he was lying about his sister. The look that Victoria gave back was priceless. "You really think that's the reason, Zach?"

I think if I was in that house, I would probably hate Frankie more after that whole situation. Whether he actually is going to give money to starving children in Africa (or whatever), putting that out into the mix is an aggressive and manipulative thing to do. Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and free trips to Africa hold no sway over me at all. But I'm not the target demographic for watching this show - or auditioning to be on it, for that matter.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    rburly likes this.
  20. rburly

Frankie wins the POV. Kathy Griffin was there. No talk whether he will change the nominees, but there is speculation that he will. Caleb almost won, according to Caleb. ZingBot was there.

21. rburly

It's looking like Zach is going to be the one walking out the door Thursday. We'll know more tomorrow when the POV meeting is over and Frankie back doors him. Frankie is getting Zach back for "almost putting me out 2 weeks ago!"

22. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

^ Well, there goes that showmance :)

23. Tom in Houston

And once again revenge takes precedence over an opportunity to alter the course of things. Derrick should have been put up against Cody to guarantee a breakup of that airtight final 2 alliance. This will be the last chance to level the playing field for the stragglers (free agents). Frankie should realize that putting up Cody this week, will be a death sentence for him if he doesn't shake up the powers that be, before the next week.

I miss the years when everyone voted out others based on their threat as players in the game. Many a vengeance eviction has been passed over to send a big time player out the door. This year the people are all too small minded, and therefore vengeance rules the key decisions.

That's my take on all this, other than to say...
    Victoria, Victoria...

24. Tom in Houston

Maybe there will be one more late night whatever under cover of supposed sleep.

Cue - Midnight Blue "... one more time for all the old times, Midnight Blue."

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  25. minerwerks

Why is Derrick wearing glasses with no lenses? :confused:

I had a feeling they were empty, but I saw him holding them through the eye on CBS tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.