Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Just a heads up: the new Big Brother season starts tomorrow night.

rburly and sparkydog like this.
  2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

" More days, More cameras, More surprises, More fun!" - their commercial.

I'll be watching tomorrow. I think I'll get the 24/7 cameras again this year tonight. Hey, good news! No Frankie! ;)

minerwerks, Grant and sparkydog like this.
  3. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

4. rburly

He's been on so many so many awards shows that his sister was nominated and stood out with that pink hair. It was almost every awards show this past year. I didn't notice his weight. I'd see his pink hair and I new Frankie was there.

This should be in Visual Arts Forum, yes.

sparkydog likes this.
  5. rburly

The age range (I checked today) is 22-33. There are 7 guys and 7 girls (including the transgender woman.

I'm listening to Johnny the Dentist, a Jeff interview, and he sound like a stupid kid. I can't imagine this kid being my dentist. I believe I'd walk out. :)

6. Grant

At least we hope!

Too bad the U.S. won't do shower cams like in other countries. Maybe we could see a sex orgy like what happened in Australia a couple of years ago, and they're supposed to be more conservative that we are!

I also hope they can break from the same, tired stereotypical people this time. I'm so sick of seeing:

hot babe and alpha male twenty-somethings that only care about hooking up
    the nerds
    the all-American boy-scout
    the token gay guy
    the angry Black dude
    the White racist
    the redneck
    the smart feminist
    the wannabe actor
    the relative of a famous person or former houseguest
    the old nice guy
    dedicated MILF
    the woman-hating violent loser
    the angry lesbian
    Asian or Middle-easterner who fools 'em all

Did I leave of them out?

rburly likes this.
  7. rburly

Many of those people are there. They did go with many of the stereotypes, but not all of them.

8. Grant

Dammit!

9. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

The wacky young artistic free spirit yet virgin girl.

10. John54

John54 Senior Member

I watched it, for the first time since the finale of season 1. Mostly I wanted to see what Vanessa Rousso was going to do, but she won't be introduced until tomorrow. The poker dealer Da'vonne will probably recognize her.

11. Grant

I don't think they've had those yet.

12. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

There have been a couple, one per season, in earlier seasons. I have not watched every season.

13. Grant

I've watched every season, and I don't remember any.

14. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

I won't link to anything, or search for more, but from season 1, Brittany was the archetype.

15. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Julie already started using one of her catchphrases "fan favorite", referring to the "Battle Of The Block." It'll only be a matter of time before we see 2-time loser Jeff Schroeder make his appearance once again...

Grant likes this.
  16. rburly

Which one is she again? A friend and I were looking at the profiles yesterday and he saw that before I did. I looked deeper and she's in a sorority and I think it said something like "a (something) virgin." Anyway, we'll see how that plays out.

17. rburly

I saw that and thought "Oh no, these older players are coming back." I was hoping they would keep it just the new players and that would be it.

Just a reminder (just in case anyone didn't see it), the show is on again tonight. The live feed doesn't start until 9 pm tonight (after the show). If anyone has the live feed in other time zones (not EDT), you can watch the live feed before the show comes on tonight!

18. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

That was my thought as well, here come "Big Brother Legends" Jeff Schroeder, Rachel Reilly and on and on to throw a curve at the houseguests!

Regarding the "Twin Twist", this was used before (as I'm sure some of you know):

http://www.onlinebigbrother.com/big-brother-17-twin-twist-returns-liz-julia-nolan/

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  19. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Hello again everyone. Looking forward to another season of discussion about the housemates.

Somewhere in the past, some members of my family on my mother's side started a pool on each session of Survivor and Big Brother. Found this out a couple years back on a road trip where my mom was wanting to know who got evicted. I kinda got sucked in watching while we were on vacation, and last year I watched from start to finish.

I made an offhand comment about being added in to the pool now that I'm a regular watcher, and lo and behold, I got a text last week telling me that I have Becky and Meg.

Might I suggest, by the way, some interesting parallel viewing can be had with the scripted series "UnREAL" that is a few weeks in on Lifetime. That show was created by a former staffer from "The Bachelor" and the manipulation of the participants by the producers is a pretty large portion of the show. I would say the pilot had the most interesting take on this, but even as the show has indulged in some soapy storylines involving the show's staff, I still think it's an interesting watch for those of us who watch reality TV with an eye toward what might be happening just below the surface.

20. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I think I must be a masochist to keep watching this, because it's actually becoming painful. Another summer of rigged competitions and not much else going on? We'll see how long I can last it out. And who decided that Battle of the Block was a fan favorite? I think it just adds pointless complexity and detracts from finding anything that's actually entertaining (fights, drama, etc...).

21. rburly

I've watched this from the first season, though I don't remember a lot of the winners or players from past seasons. It's just fun watching for me. The most interesting part, for me, is that they've had a live feed, i.e. cameras on 24/7 for a lot of years now. Each year has gotten more restricted, but "live feeders" tend to know how different what actually happened vs. what is shown on the program. It started out (live feed) that everything was shown. We would hear part of conversation with the producers and the people in the show being told that something would be more interesting, or make a better show, and people would agree and do it, or come back and talk about it and be upset at what they were being asked to do. For a while now, they've said "Don't talk about production!" throughout the house.

We know that they're "advised" about what to do or say that would be good for the show. They've really cut back on what live feeders can see, but it's more than just watching the show when it's on. I began watching the show because I thought it would an interesting idea watching how people would react or respond to living with a bunch of other people for 3 months. I've been watching ever since. It's my summer extravagance! The threads get interesting here every year too.

minerwerks likes this.
  22. rburly

I'm not a big fan of many of their "surprises" each year. I enjoy it most when they allow the people to interact with each other and we can see how people play the game. I personally think they should hold most of these "twists" until later in the game after we know all the people and it starts to become predictable. Throw the twists in then. I don't the BOTB should have happened so early. We'll see how this plays out. What's interesting is that they don't even have all the players there yet, and they had an HOH last night. They're treading into unknown territory right now.

23. Grant

I may be out of town tonight, so I will just record it, catch it on the internet, or on Cox's on-demand, if it's there.

rburly likes this.
  24. Grant

Or worse...Frankie. :rolleyes:

rburly likes this.
  25. Grant

This year, they are advertising more cameras, so we'll see how that work for the live feeds. This ain't over yet. WE have to see what kind of troublemakers they are introducing tonight.

I'm not sure how much of a player she's going to be, but Meg is really cute.

minerwerks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.