Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

At this point, I don't even care who wins. This is one of the most boring seasons ever. I'll probably just stop watching unless the producers can turn it around.

minerwerks likes this.
  2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

There have certainly been better seasons. Not watching the After Dark or the feeds and not reading spoilers is helping this season be more interesting, just the broadcast shows is enough. I still find Vanessa's mad/crying technique fascinatingly effective and wonder how long the rest will allow her to manipulate. And sue me, I like looking at the twins.

rburly and minerwerks like this.
  3. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I bet we see Julia jump for joy when Austin gets voted out. It must be the last straw for her to have her twin spending time with Austin and not her. She should be rude and stay in the room with them all day and night until she is ready to go to sleep. hehehe

She must have been adequately icy to Vanessa to not end up with her for company, confirming that her game is not over, and she is safe for another week. "...sob, sob you promise?"

minerwerks and rburly like this.
  4. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I'm gonna make a guess that Liz ends up winning. She's the only alpha-female left in the house and holds the puppet strings to both Austin and Vanessa. And none of the players are ever smart enough to get rid of the true threats. I'm sure Julia will be offered as a sacrificial lamb at some point.

rburly and minerwerks like this.
  5. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I do as well, nothing to feel guilty about (I actually like Julia better than Liz, maybe because Austin has already corrupted her)...[/QUOTE]

minerwerks and rburly like this.
  6. Grant

It really doesn't matter which one of the twins wins. One wins, they both win. I do think it was a bad move by the producers to allow it this year. I really think it's time for longtime, controversial producer Allison Grodner to go.

7. Grant

I don't like either one. One is as malleable as play-dough, and dumb as a doorknob, and the other has a rotten personality. I don't think either one of them are cute.

8. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

As do I. It's their voices that have gotten to me. If I Jaaaaaames-uh one more time... !

Miller92473 and minerwerks like this.
  9. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

The show definitely needs retooled. It's too competitions-based, to the point where the players are even afraid to start drama for fear that it will make them a target. They need to have a refrigerator stalked with alcohol and let them just go. I liked how the show was in the beginning when it was more about watching people.
    Speaking of afraid to start drama, I think Johnny Mac is this year's Andy. Will it get him all the way to the end? I hope not. I hated how slavishly devoted he was to Austin and Liz on last episode.

Grant and rburly like this.
  10. rburly

I just wonder who is going to put Austin up. And when. I think I can guess who will probably go next week, but it may not happen. James is going to have to win HOH to get one of that group out.

I loved hearing Julia saying saying something about Austin's tattoos (or was that on the live feed? I can't always remember when they have the live feed on at the same time as the show was on. And Julia said Austin "Just isn't the kind of guy you take home to meet your parents. That was hilarious!

Grant and Tom in Houston like this.
  11. rburly

Also, the "superfans" who are on the show know exactly what games are going to happen and in what order. They knew OTEV was going to be Saturday before they went out for the competition. I think several of them have lost games/comps on purpose because they didn't want to be HOH or responsible for someone leaving and thinking they'll get farther if they stay clean. Johnny Mac has made gone a long way this season throwing competitions.

And you're right about Andy. I think I said Ian earlier in the thread when I meant Andy. He played every side, but it got him where he wanted to be. Most people don't respect that type of game play, but if you win, it doesn't matter I suppose.

Grant and Tom in Houston like this.
  12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I don't really like them. I like looking at them. ;)

rburly likes this.
  13. Sir Cosmic

Sir Cosmic Active Member

Big Brother fans have been saying this for years.

Grant and rburly like this.
  14. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

^Just as BB fans have been saying for years that after season _, I'll never watch again. Then the new season starts, and they watch and swear the same thing again.

And yes, I'm guilty as charged!

Grant, rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  15. Grant

Because we keep hoping something will change.

applebonkerz likes this.
  16. Tom in Houston

We'll see... Vanessa will finally be drummed out this week, then she will win the Jury House competition and return .

17. rburly

Austin won the race and is the new HOH.

18. Grant

I'll bet those Gobblins, Goonies, or whatever they call themselves, with they had been smarter and gotten rid of him, Vanessa, and Liz when they had a chance. Idiots! Now all they can do is watch their joke of an alliance get picked off one by one.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  19. rburly

Austin knows that Vanessa was trying to backdoor him during one of her HOH's, so I think he'll likely put up someone else and then backdoor Vanessa. Vanessa and Liz were talking last night about how this will be a bad week to be the HOH because they already know someone will be coming back in after the eviction next week. Hopefully Liz will pass that on to Austin and wait until the following week to evict Vanessa.
    I'm not sure who I want to win this thing. Steve had a good showing with his family and the town he lives in. It seems he's a mama's boy, but some people seem to like that. Whoever starts really playing the game now deserves it.

20. Tom in Houston

No, don't wait. Waiting is what has left it such a mess now. It was fine to wait with Audrey. She fell into depression and sulked away. Vanessa is not going to hang around harmlessly depressed. She cries, but then she lashes out from whatever position she finds herself in. It will be better to throw her into a group of hostile jury members immediately following her eviction. She won't have time to get through her "poor me" phase.

I'm assuming that since these Jury competitions take place in the house, that the promised one will take place right after the eviction vote. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

I'm counting on Johnny Mac to keep the Vanessa loathing level high, and blow in the right ears at the right time.

I'm not sure of what to think about Steve. Normally joiners like Steve was in High School, are socially proficient. I wonder if we aren't seeing more of this in these poor kids who are never given any free time (to keep them off of drugs, you know).

"Oh we got trouble, right here in River City...
    ... gotta figure out a way to keep the young ones moral after school"

(Then directly into 76 Trombones with Steve leading the band)

bekayne, minerwerks and rburly like this.
  21. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Time for this HOH to take out the player that both sides want gone. Roll the dice, don't be concerned about doing a backdoor move. Even if somehow the person stays, that person knows their game is over, and they have zero support.

rburly and Tom in Houston like this.
  22. rburly

That's great! (The Music Man analogy) And, Steve played trombone! Funny! Apparently he was very sheltered during his teen years.

Yes, you remember correctly. They'll bring the girls out and the next evictee will join them in a True-False competition to come back into the game.

I think Johnny Mac will continue his desire to have the same person evicted. It is unanimous thinking at this point by everyone in the house to take out one person. But, we've seen that come up and then have to wait for it to finally happen.

I didn't know until last night that Vanessa was behind Jackie's eviction. That was a big surpirse to me. Let's see who is put up this week.

23. rburly

Steve and Johnny Mac. And... Vanessa is crying (crocodile tears)

24. Tom in Houston

The question is - are these two nominees, pawns agreeing to hold space until a backdoor can occur, or has the HoH group turned on the 2 newest members of their various alliances.

Time to stop crying. Get ANGRY, Vanessa. You know for certain that it's somehow about you. ...and maybe it is this time.

rburly likes this.
  25. Grant

He's not a mama's boy. I know you don't like this, but he shows the obvious signs of an Aspie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.