Big Brother 18 - 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

What alliances? I think at this point, everyone is playing for themselves, and just using the other houseguests. I'm beginning to think that the team concept was a bad idea. The houseguests think so, too.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  2. Grant

Well, Day shouldn't trust Corey of Nicole. That's an instant voting bloc. But, I think Tiffany's out to cause mayhem and destroy alliances. It's better for her simply because she really doesn't have any ties to anyone in there.

rburly likes this.
  3. Grant

The funny part would be for some other issue to arise in the house that again keeps her in the house for another week. A bIgger thing for her to actually win veto power, and to become the next HoH! That would be fun!

rburly likes this.
  4. Grant

Competitions! You should know that after all these years!

5. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Well yeah Grant :doh:... what kind of competitions have they been doing? Since they don't show those on the regular broadcast anymore (and the same team seems to be losing multiple times), I wondered what's been going on.

rburly likes this.
  6. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm not talking about the new Team concept. I'm talking about good, old-fashioned alliances. So, instead of Frank going along with James and Paulie, he was blindsided due to his behavior last week. The shakeup this week has caused a lot of uncertainty today.

Grant likes this.
  7. Grant

You missed them because I saw one They usually do the food competitions on the Sunday broadcasts.

8. rburly

Believe it or not, Tiffany won the Roadkill comp. She put up Corey as the 3rd nominee.

9. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Of course the houseguests don't like it, but I like the extra parameters that come into play with the team concept. The Roadkill may have been overkill (ha ha), though.
    The Roadkill thing has been so repetitive - I'm sick of the RV and the tackle boxes already - but what the results add to the game arguably makes it the better twist than the team twist.

rburly and Grant like this.
  10. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Last year, I don't recall any competitions to determine have nots. In fact, one of the last two years, it seemed they had a friendly agreement to rotate through everyone in the house each week.

11. Grant

I like the roadkill idea. It shows that once again, no one is completely safe.

But, they still have a lot of people in that house. And, with the battle-back thing coming up next week, they are going to have to start doing some double evictions soon.

Even with all the gossiping, scheming, and deception, there are still no fireworks this year. That's the one thing I like about BB in other countries: there's always some serious fighting or something going on. Much more salacious stuff. Maybe Americans are just boring.

12. rburly

Corey just won the Roadkill competition. No one has been put up by him. Some people think Corey might take himself off and Tiffany would put up Day. The talk has been to stay with the alliance. Right now, Tiffany and Frank have worked together, but they only have 3 votes with Bridgette, unless someone from Paulie's alliance (everyone else), unless someone decides to cross the line.

13. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Veto, not Roadkill.

14. Mr. Webster the Poster

Mr. Webster the Poster Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because when something happens everyone gets offended, people want CBS to remove said player, CBS boycott "threats" ensue, and a houseguest's career and life ruined over it or people want it to be ruined. All over a reality show.

15. Frank

Frank Senior Member

This is true. Fans get the boring house guests we deserve because we eviscerate the interesting ones.

anthontherun and Grant like this.
  16. Grant

But, they know that makes for good ratings!

On another note: I talk to a lot of people, and they just aren't comfortable with the idea of eighteen or so people locked up in a house for three months with no contact with the outside world. They can understand "Survivor" but not "Big Brother. I think maybe it has something to do with the lack of privacy and freedom that bothers people.

rburly likes this.
  17. rburly

I caught up on what I missed last week that created the chaos last week. Apparently Da'vonne told Tiffany that Frank was out to get her, so Tiffany told Day that Frank would be her target. So, Frank wigged out and started that "evict Tiffany" plan. The others, all having a problem with Frank's sexist comments and behavior, decided to teach him a lesson and evict Bronte instead of Tiffany.

18. rburly

Tiffany was the Roadkill winner and put Corey up as the third nominee.

19. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I like the Roadkill idea in theory, but by its nature it doesn't make for exciting TV. Solo competitions aren't that exciting, especially when they're so short and confined, and the winner reveal couldn't be duller. They should let contestants find out if they won or lost in the diary room rather than everyone in the backyard. Who knows, we might actually get a genuine reaction rather than the annoyingly scripted/forced diary room sessions we have now.

Aren't the have-nots simply selected by the HOH? Not sure what the point is of have-nots even is anymore; it has literally no effect on the actual show.

20. rburly

I somehow (maybe with all the confusion this last week) forgot to put up the POV winner. Corey won the POV and put up Da'vonne. She's being nice and complimenting everyone now.

21. Grant

Bad move

22. Grant

Soooo transparent.

23. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I would LOVE to see that person voted out, more than anyone in the house (at this point).

24. rburly

I'm putting spoilers with this because some people don't want any non-already shown info in the thread. You probably know that James and Natalie have been pretty close this season so far. Yesterday, they were all outside in the backyard and Michelle and Bridgette and another female were talking about Natalie and ragging on her, e.g. she flirts too much, she can't cook, etc. James was out there, as was Natalie, but they weren't together. So James takes two things the girls were saying and said it to Natalie. Natalie was embarrassed and got mad at James. Last night, they were both in their Have Not beds (bumper cars) and she started the "I'm mad at you and I'm going to make you miserable by feeling guilty" bit. He went with it and she told James how much he meant to her and that she "always" thinks of him and wants to wake up next to him, yada, yada. So, they have a huge showmance now.

Frank likes this.
  25. rburly

As of right now, she's the one targeted to leave this week.

Tom in Houston and applebonkerz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.