Big Brother 18 - 2016

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I think that's close. I think Paul will have the courage to pick Nicole to sit beside him as Final 2.

It's taking a chance, and maybe Paul is not as aware as we are, that Nicole is actively hated by several of the women on the jury. And... the jury probably hasn't seen James lose face as Natalie walked all over him these last few weeks... so all things considered, maybe you are correct.

I like that you include a vote count, not just a winner prediction.

2. Tom in Houston

Newsflash - Paul picks the wrong second chair for Final 2.

I didn't think he would need James' weakness to win.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I suppose there's something to be said for taking the best opponent to the Final 2, but that's foolishness to me. If I could choose someone who would lose against me, I would take that safe bet over some ethical or morally correct choice. Paul made a foolish choice and gave Nicole $500k. She should buy him a beer tonight. :)

4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - perfect end to this misbegotten season.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  5. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

I think Paul has taken the biggest BB blunder crown away from season 3 house guest Marcellas. Big mistake, he threw away the win. At least the votes were close for a change.

rburly and zephyr25 like this.
  6. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Remind me, who voted for Nicole? Corey, Da'Vonne... Paulie? There must have been a stronger anti-Paul sentiment than I assumed.

7. Frank

Frank Senior Member

"Let's see here - there's one person in the final three who clearly does not deserve to win. I'll just go ahead and evict him right now." - Paul, master strategist.

F_C_FRANKLIN and rburly like this.
  8. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I was pleasantly surprised to see Nicole win it last night, and was also surprised that James voted for Paul (after just getting eliminated by him) and Bawlie voting for Nicole (after being somewhat close with him). Paul looked pretty disappointed he didn't win after his full-on press all summer.

9. rburly

What's funny is that Paul locked in onto Nicole, especially after she won. He was with her every time James went to the DR reinforcing Nicole and Paul in the F2. I really thought Nicole would win the Final comp and bring James along and tell Paul, "Hey, it's a game for half a mill." But Paul did that for her and he made some dumb comments according to Julie when Jeff interviewed her in the back yard after it was all over.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  10. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

A colossal mistake choosing Nicole.

But a decision that I can respect since he wanted to take someone who had "earned it." Unfortunately for Paul, my respect does not equate to $500,000.

11. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

I think that is how it would have ended up if Paul had picked James. I was actually surprised that Paul didn't win against Nicole as well. Biggest takeaway from the episode: I really don't want Jozea to be on OTT.

rburly likes this.
  12. rburly

The only thing that makes sense about what happened is that Paul was in Nicole's ear anytime James was in the DR or sleeping. So, he did honor his deal with Nicole. I just wonder if she would have done the same thing.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  13. Tom in Houston

I'm thinking that ultimately Paul lost BB-18 because of his rude and disrespectful treatment of a few of the women. He said the wrong thing (in his vicious snarling manner) one too many times, literally. One vote made the $450,000 difference.

I think his play throughout the entire summer, came back to the ladies' minds as highlight reels rolled, questions were answered, and he made his final speech. He never seemed to regret, much less apologize for, the things he called Meech and Natalie, in the heat of the moment. That was just "the game". He lost that game.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Lonson like this.
  14. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Yeah, I think if you're sitting in the end, you can only "own it" so much. Like it or not, most jurors want apologies, not justification. Just suck it up and pretend to be sorry. He was much better than Nicole at the pre-written arguments, but he was way too cavalier in responding to the jury.

15. rburly

Yeah, it amazed me sometimes when he couldn't stop talking and his sense of humor would turn nasty toward the women. I don't remember exactly who it was who had the idea to evict the women before men, but I know Paul was right there.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Tom in Houston like this.
  16. rburly

As I listened to Nicole's speech, I kept thinking of her practicing that speech in the back yard. I think she practiced the speech so much that she could pull parts of it when she was asked questions too.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  17. psychtrailmix

psychtrailmix Forum Resident

Wow, just wow..... This has got to be the biggest travesty in BB history... Nicole's final speech was even horrendous.

18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Not even close:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Ultimately, as usual, I'm glad it's over.

ermylaw, applebonkerz and zephyr25 like this.
  20. Ridin'High

Ridin'High Forum Resident

Well, there you go ... I posted this back on September 14. It was certainly a close, 5/4 vote, but the only vote that I got absolutely wrong was James'. His change of heart was probably a last-minute development. Killing two birds with one stone, Paul cunningly gave James both (1) a good reason for the decision to take Nicole over him and (2) a good reason for James to feel betrayed by Nicole ("I'm taking her to the finals because you didn't confide in me like she did; she told me about the deal that you had made with her and your intention to vote me out") ...

Not that I'm dancing with joy about being mostly right, mind you. I would have been displeased no matter which one was the winner, out of those three. My one consolation was how AFP turned out. Glad that Victor won, and glad that, despite the TV editors' shenanigans to misrepresent Natalie as a traitor, she still managed to get an AFP nomination.

Exactly!

21. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I think James' decision was also based on the fact that Nicole and Corey ultimately were involved in Natalie's eviction.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Veltri like this.
  22. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Now that Nicole has won, will she stop appearing on Big Brother every summer?

F_C_FRANKLIN and Frank like this.
  23. Tom in Houston

Oh no...

Now she moves to Big Brother Celebrity status, and we'll see her more often than ever - or that's the way it will seem.

Think Rachel (but less annoying of course)

24. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Yeah, this sentiment is why I don't think the new version will succeed -- at least in my household. Once a year is enough, as I remember toward the end of each season.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  25. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I just now saw the final episode of BB. I just found out than my girl Nicole won, and is the first woman to win against a man. What's funny is that I probably would have given the same final argument that she did in the exact same way. Maybe that's why I like her. I'm like her in some ways.

Man, Meech has issues! Only she knows what they are, but, man!:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.