Big Brother 19

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fernando

Mr. Fernando Forum Resident

How does one seem racist without saying it? Just curious...

2. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

By his actions.

Grant likes this.
  3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

He said something about doing something (vague, I know right?!) that was racist. It was an idea to bother Monique in someway. But it was racist. I just don't remember exactly what it was.

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Blackface.

On top of that, you've got some really nasty people in there. How about Raven going around telling people that Josh peeped on her while she was in the shower, and Cody and Jess talking about how they were going to ruin his life because of that accusation? I can see how CBS would block that, though. That's defamation of character, and can invite a lawsuit.
    Last night, Dom told Josh about that, and he was very hurt.
    I tried to look for footage of the whole house discussion about that on the replay feeds, but it looks like CBS, again, censored it, just like they have with all the references to your boy's blackface comments. All I heard was Mark saying he was going to guard the shower while one of the women were in it. Last night's backyard discussion got pretty explicit.

I wish I would have signed up for the feeds last year, too. They give you a whole different perspective on what goes on, and the people in the house that you just don't see on the broadcast, like:

Paul totally plays to the camera, and is extremely domineering and controlling with the others. He is egotistical, narcissistic, and a bit of a sexist. Cody was right. They should have gotten rid of him, but he is the same way. Paul is such a master manipulator that the people who flock around him really are his minions! And, he is a snake!

Raven constantly flirts, prances and preens around the guys.

Watching the feeds gave me a better understanding of Josh as a real person. He is a good person, even though he is a perv, but probably not guilty of what he was accused of. Yesterday, as Dom stood in front of him while talking to him as he was in the hot tub, he was constantly grabbing, pulling, and rubbing his junk, and at one point, staring down at it.

Young Alex is perhaps the smartest person in the house by far.

Ramses has no game play. Why is he there?

Dom is as a lousy game player. Why is she there?

X-mas has a lousy personality.

Kevin is basically a rough, tough street thug with a big heart, who assumes the role of father figure, and has a very foul mouth (every other word out of his mouth is the f-word, it seems).

Going back on the feeds shows that Josh not getting voted out was a big reason Cody was angry, even though he's still a jerk and also a perv. (Mark and Cody are also pervs. They both were caught flashing their junk in front of the women.)

Dark Mavis and rburly like this.
  5. rburly

That was over the weekend. I was ready to turn off my laptop last night, but he had another brilliant idea and I thought, "Maybe this dude is a racist." Not many other people would be watching because it was outright racist. Racism is racism.

It's explicit all day and all night with this group.

Paul totally plays to the camera, and is extremely domineering and controlling with the others. He is egotistical, narcissistic, and a bit of a sexist. Cody was right. They should have gotten rid of him, but he is the same way. Paul is such a master manipulator that the people who flock around him really are his minions! And, he is a snake!

Raven constantly flirts, prances and preens around the guys.

Watching the feeds gave me a better understanding of Josh as a real person. He is a good person, even though he is a perv, but probably not guilty of what he was accused of. Yesterday, as Dom stood in front of him while talking to him as he was in the hot tub, he was constantly grabbing, pulling, and rubbing his junk, and at one point, staring down at it.

Young Alex is perhaps the smartest person in the house by far.

Ramses has no game play. Why is he there? - Shouldn't be here

Dom is as a lousy game player. Why is she there? - Shouldn't be here.

X-mas has a lousy personality. - She's a female Paul with flirting.

Kevin is basically a rough, tough street thug with a big heart, who assumes the role of father figure, and has a very foul mouth (every other word out of his mouth is the f-word, it seems). - Kevin is 90% talk.

Going back on the feeds shows that Josh not getting voted out was a big reason Cody was angry, even though he's still a jerk and also a perv. (Mark and Cody are also pervs. They both were caught flashing their junk in front of the women.)

6. Grant

It makes you realize why Domonique and Josh generally stay away from the rest of them, not that I would want to be around those two, either. They are generally a terrible bunch of people. I can say right now that there is almost no one in there that I would personally like to hang out with except for maybe Jason and Kevin. I could be friends with those two. I can't believe Kevin and I are about the same age! I identify way more with the younger people.

7. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I think the best time to take out Paul would be next week, assuming he doesn't win HOH and/or POV and also before the jury starts forming. This also assumes that Cody is back in the house after The Battle Back From The Block. Cody will need to rally people instead of going behind their backs this time, IMO.

rburly and Grant like this.
  8. Grant

I just went over the profiles of the houseguests, and I can say that my instincts are correct. Josh is a strange dude, though. His house behavior is 100% opposite of what he said in his interview, and I didn't even like that!

It also makes me realize that the casting people probably thought it would be fun to put a bunch of unsavory alpha-males in the house, thinking they would appeal to a trump America. And, again, I looked over Paul's bio, and he says exactly what he is in it: He's a snake, a manipulator, and likes to mind f--- people to get what he wants! He's very dangerous for a 22-year-old! I don't like him in any way, shape, or form. I also do not like Mark or Cody: a dumb jock and a jarhead. Remember: Cody is a sniper. Look in those eyes. There is a lot of cold evil in that head.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Dark Mavis likes this.
  9. Grant

I don't know why we all keep assuming Cody will be back. Some bloggers think Cameron will be back. I would personally like to see Jillian back only because I think she's really cute. :) If Megan could have kept it together, and wanted to, I would much like to have seen her come back. I am a fan of hers. But, who leaves Thursday? They will also get a chance to come back. What if one of the nominees comes right back in? And, I don't know how many of you caught the announcement last Thursday, but the person with the temptation power may be able to block the battle-back winner from coming back in. BB houseguests know there will be a battle-back comp, but they don't know that is coming. So, there is every chance that, if Cody does win, he could be barred from coming back.

10. rburly

Grant, I don't know if you noticed, but the Battle of the Block is on Friday this week. It was rather strange last night. They all know it's coming (BotB), but Paul says he's not worried about it. The show (Live feed) actually made a joke about Cameron coming back. I think the reason most people don't want Paul back is that he's a complete snake in the grass, and one you should be afraid of. Those eyes are dead sometimes.

When Mark threw the hot sauce into Josh's eyes last night, I thought Mark would be gone. Nope, still there. Guess who's idea it was to throw the hot sauce in his eyes? Elena.

11. Grant

You mean Cody, don't you?:confused: Paul's already in there. As for Cody, i've heard it said (probably in the film Full Metal Jacket) that people with eyes like Cody's have that "thousand-mile stare", meaning they've seen a lot of death and destruction. People like that have no conscience. You see how easy it was for him to put up Megan just because he didn't like her that much, and how he could just tell X-mas that she "just got screwed" when he had to fill the nominee's seat. He may have seen Megan as an outer-circle person, but I think it was personal on some level. She said she hated Marines, and he probably knew she was in the Navy. And, judging from his bio, he is a cold, heartless dude.

You know, since I have no real affection for anyone in that house, I almost want to see Cody return so the two alphas can go at it as mortal enemies, and then see which sides the minions flock to.

When Mark threw the hot sauce into Josh's eyes last night, I thought Mark would be gone. Nope, still there. Guess who's idea it was to throw the hot sauce in his eyes? Elena.

I know. I saw that. Then she tried to say she was only kidding and didn't mean for him to really do it. Then Mark tried to say it was a joke, but wasn't remorseful. You work with people that have mental issues, so you know that is a sign of a sociopath. I think all the alpha people in that house are sociopaths.

I have got to start watching the over the top show before it goes away. I think i'd rather see regular, somewhat normal and non-famous people for once, like the show started out as, and the network keep relying on stereotypes. They always get:

The Black women who cling to their bible
    The dumb jocks whose only quest in life is to surf, hunt, and have sex
    Young women who do nothing but flash what they've got and cling onto the alpha-males
    the tough feminists
    The nerdy bookworm gay guy
    the old guy
    the older woman with issues
    the happy-go-lucky cowboy
    the semi-famous youtube or talk radio star

From reading the blogs and Twitter feeds, there is a lot of sympathy for Dom out there, lots of like for Cody, and hatred for Josh among those who believe he is a predator, and nothing said about the predator tendencies of the alphas, or the horny females...ummm...Jess...

And, again, after her little talk about god and goodness, I wonder why is Dom even on the show? Did she think she could evangelize to them?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  12. rburly

I call it Cody's "Death Stare"

If Cody returns, and he probably will, there much angst in the house. :)

13. Grant

Again, why does almost everybody keep assuming Cody will be back? As you know, physical strength isn't the only thing competitions are made of. And, I can see the producers giving them more mental challenges because of X-mas' issues. I will say that Cody probably has the most ambition to get back in the house. What if Jess is able to, or gets pulled off the block and if replaced by Mark? What if Dom comes off? Will Jess get all emotional if she loses the battle-back? And, there is still the temptation twist, so anything can happen. There are still about 10 weeks left, so what about a double eviction?

Anything can happen at this point.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

If anyone wants to experience a kindler, gentler, quieter big-brother-jersey-shore-type show, I highly recommend the Japanese-produced Terrace House reality show on Netflix. The cultural differences are really interesting, and if you find yourself tiring of all the petty drama and just want to see how respectful strangers living under the same roof interact with one another, give it a try.

I mean, I watch Big Brother every season, but I found myself glued to the Terrace House experience after only a couple episodes. To break up the 30-minute shows, there is a panel of Japanese celebs that comment on the episodes before and during each one. It adds a lot of humor to the show.

Anyway, check it out. "Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City" is the first series, and the current series is "Terrace House: Aloha State."

rburly likes this.
  15. Grant

That's the way it was in the first U.S. season. Do you not remember Chicken George and Britney? Everyone got along and were nice and respectful. It made for very boring TV. That's why they went with provocative people (Mega, anyone?). Americans, and it seems most other countries, like the drama, sex, and violence. The only thing the U.S. doesn't get is the violence, overt racism, sex because of our relative puritan values. The only problem I have with the U.S. version of BB is that they censor too much.

I guess I like the drama. That's why I tune in.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  16. rburly

I think the reason most people think he'll be back is because he was a Marine and should be able to outlast, outlast, and outplay... oh, wrong show! anyone else that gets booted out. We'll find out on A Special Edition of Big Brother on Friday night for the Battle of the Block!

The plan is still Dominique out tonight. Everyone is planning ahead, i.e. whoever wins HOH will put up X & Y. Everyone has their own reasons for who they want up. And everyone's included, including Paul, who is no longer protected. But different people have different thoughts. Should be fun tonight and tomorrow night.

17. Grant

I worked with an active military guy once, and I was out of shape and outlasted him!

The plan is still Dominique out tonight. Everyone is planning ahead, i.e. whoever wins HOH will put up X & Y. Everyone has their own reasons for who they want up. And everyone's included, including Paul, who is no longer protected. But different people have different thoughts. Should be fun tonight and tomorrow night.

We all know how these plans go. Everyone decides a person should go, but things change fast, or people keep their real agendas secret until they hit that vote in the diary room. It ain't over 'till it's over. It also seems like people are forgetting the expect the unexpected.

For Dominique's part, I doubt she really wants to be there anymore and doesn't care if she's voted out now. She made a few stupid moves, then isolated herself from the rest of the house and refuses to play the game. She's also befriended herself with the other vilified player, Josh. I can see where at least four people don't want her on the jury.

The battle-back comp usually is in three parts. at least one is a physical challenge, and I don't see where she has any strength. All she does is lay up in bed and read her little bible. She's not hanging out with the rest of the house so she can't pick up on clues for any memory challenges. I didn't watch the feeds much yesterday, so I don't know who got the veto power, or the temptation. So, unless someone else has another agenda, and can get her off the block, she will probably go home tomorrow. As for if Cody comes back, don't forget that Cameron is a jock, and has probably been working out like crazy.

All in all, yesterday was a relaxing day. Kevin and Jason had some funny discussions in the yard, Paul cooked up some of his candy bacon the house loved, and every other word out of Kevin's mouth was the "f" word. And, Mark apparently kicked his woman on the outside to the curb for the showmance.

18. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

It must be a special kind of degrading to watch someone you're in a relationship with actively fall for someone else on national television.

Grant likes this.
  19. rburly

There's a lot of context to what happened and is happening.
    I don't know the exact circumstances of Mark's ex-girlfriend, but other than wanting each other's bodies, they have nothing in common. The other night, Elena went up to Mark and said, "I want you bad," and started pulling him toward the bedroom. She said something and Mark told her it wasn't funny. Elena said, "You don't think I'm funny?" and Mark said "No." She turned over on her side and nothing happened.

The thing that made bad blood between Mark and Josh is the ridiculous bet of the loser at a game of pool had to drink a glass pickle juice, hot sauce and something else. Nothing happened that night. So, the next night they had been playing, and Josh said Mark double-hit the ball, and the discussion started picking up heat. Josh was saying that mark does the double-hit "all the time" and things heated up. It got to the point that Elena (according to her) told Mark to throw the hot sauce in Josh's face, and Mark did it. Josh was angry and got loud. If he had said nothing, all the heat would be on Mark. But Josh started talking about other people there (because he was angry) and he managed to piss off most other people in the house.

Grant and Dark Mavis like this.
  20. Mr. Fernando

Mr. Fernando Forum Resident

I'd say it would feel like a punch in the gut but I'm sure that would be an understatement. How humiliating.

Grant and Dark Mavis like this.
  21. Grant

Humiliating is the word for it. To have that happen in front of family and friends...I could only imagine...it happens every year on BB. My instincts about Mark were correct. He's a dumb jock who thinks he can get by in life on his looks.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Dark Mavis likes this.
  22. rburly

I had thoughts about Mark. Nobody gets that huge without a reason. Now that I've seen him cry for seemingly no reason (he'll stand there about ready to say something, but nothing happens, and then he starts crying. So, my theory is that Mark is overcompensating for the feelings he has. He doesn't want to show it, but it's part of who he is. Also, usually guys that big (bodybuilders) are generally not in good shape. They work to increase muscle mass, so they train hard. Again, Mark's muscles compensate for possibly being called a crybaby at some point when he was younger. The dude is huge, but isn't very good at "sports."

23. Grant

Or, Mark took anabolic steroids at some point. I know many bodybuilders who used them and they exhibited bi-polar tendencies. In all cases, they were impotent.

rburly likes this.
  24. rburly

He looks roided up right now. I think he has a speech impediment. Not as bad as Lou Ferrigno, but it's there. He might have been teased about his speech impediment.

The thing that got me about him was his throwing hot sauce straight into Josh's face. That sent Josh into his own anger/rage and upset the rest of the HGs, except Mark.

25. Grant

Some people develop a speech impediment when they get nervous or are under stress. I do. If he's doing 'roids on the show, Big Brother would know about it.

'Roids can change one's personality. Or, maybe he's just naturally a sociopath. The good thing is that hot sauce and pickle juice will not blind you permanently, but, man, it sure makes you feel like your eyes are on fire, and you can't see. I doubt it got into Josh's eyes because he came out too soon with the ketchup and ranch dressing, and the sun was still out.

Anyway, doing what they both did represents immature behavior, especially on Mark's side. Mark is like the kid who gets mad and tosses up the checker board when he senses that he's going to lose, or throws the baseball bat into another yard if he misses the ball. He tapped the 8 ball twice. He lost. He couldn't handle it. He also stuck behind Cody because he is a weak player. He and Jess needed to hide behind a bully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.