Big Little Lies - HBO

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Really enjoyed this series. HBO is killing it. Please release the official soundtrack to this! Music was so good.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Last night Lucy and I finally watched the last two episodes. At the end of episode five Lucy and I turned to each other and talked about what we though was going to happen. . . that Perry was Max's father and he was going to die. That was reinforced for me when Max was singing the Teamptations line in the next episode, "that was the day that my Daddy died." The way that the music was used so carefully in this show I felt that was a predicting clue that solidified our theory. It turned out we were right.

Overall I thought this was very well done and I'm glad I watched it though I confess life on the northern California coast and with the social strata most of these sailed through is like another planet to me and my life experiences. . . . At first this was very off-putting but then I managed to find fascination in the differences. The acting made this the success it was for me, that and the careful, skillful manipulation of the secrecy of the victim and "killer." The other writing elements and some of the characters (Ed and Nathan in particular) didn't really fit as well for me.

I hope there is no attempt at a sequel. Let this stand as is.

Chris from Chicago and chacha like this.
  3. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I also thought the music was largely out of place (and what's with the god awful indie-mumbley-girl Stones cover at the end??), but it just occurred to me that these people were probably listening to Starbucks compilation CDs. I've glanced at a few of those and been shocked by some of the more obscure choices. I just hope Miss Irma got some royalties for her song placement.

What a fantastic show! Incredible performances all around. Kids and adults alike. Nicole Kidman is amazing. I found myself wondering if she possibly went through something similar with Tom Cruise. I sure hope not.

audiomixer likes this.
  4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Max is Perry's son. He's one of the two twins and the one bullying Amabella. Do you mean Ziggy?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  5. Lonson

Yes I meant Ziggy, thanks.

6. mds

mds Forum Resident

The Stairway was blocked off from the beginning to fore shadow what was to come and so he had someplace to fall and die from.

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Some good news regarding a possible season 2.

It seems that HBO is interested in another season. In a recent interview novelist Liane Moriarty has revealed that the producers have expressed a keen interest in a return to the Monterey coast.

“I have started to think about ways this could continue,” Liane explained. “The producers have asked me to see if I can come up with some ideas.” she said, adding that she wouldn’t be interested in writing a sequel in novel form, and that if it were to happen, it would only be a follow-up story written for television.

Big Little Lies Novelist Says HBO Is Interested in Another Season

GodShifter likes this.
  8. Lonson

Darn. I wish they'd just let it stand as is.

9. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes. I'd like to see Kelley, the director and cast get together for an entirely different project since their chemistry was so good.

Lonson and Mazzy like this.
  10. Yeah Different characters. This was good on it's own. I wouldn't want a sequel.

audiomixer, GentleSenator and chacha like this.
  11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Put me in the camp of being down for a sequel if the writing and direction is as good as the first. With such a great cast, it could be really special.

12. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Let's hope it's not as embarrassingly awful as True Detective Season Two.

hbbfam likes this.
  13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

:hide:

i think i am the only one here who didn't think season 2 of true detective was bad.

as for big little lies 2 - same cast, new storyline, i'm in.

brimuchmuze and chacha like this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

TD2 wasn't terrible but Vince Vaughn's performance certainly was.

15. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Agreed on both

16. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

It's definitely not the worst show that's ever been on TV. It's just that coming after such an excellent first season, it was shocking how incoherent the plot was. Too many main characters I didn't care about at all. My only complaint about the first season is that it was too short. Ten to twelve episodes would have been perfect.

17. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Binge watched this show over the past week. We watched the final two episodes last night, and thought that overall the series was fantastic. Excellent performances all around from the entire main cast, including Vampire Eric. I am in the "no 2nd season" camp. Let this end on a high note, without a contrived 2nd season that will never measure up.

Also, one hint my wife caught in the final episode, that helped confirm that Perry was indeed the rapist, is when they were at the show, and Perry went up to the bar and poured himself a drink while the bartender was gone, he held his pinky out just like the rapist had done in Jane's flashbacks. I didn't catch it, at first, but after the episode and rewinding to that scene, it was there.

audiomixer, GodShifter and chacha like this.
  18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've always been a fan of both Reese, and Nicole ( both have homes here in town ), and David E. Kelley. After Blu-ray.com reviewed the 3 disc set, I checked around online to see 1.) what the reviews of the show looked like, and 2). how much to stream ? Since all the prices I found were equal, or nearly equal to buying the physical discs. After securing a buyer for the digital code included, I ordered the BD 3 disc set.

I just finished it. Glad I did get it, and agree with all the positive reviews. All the music used sure woke up my sub woofer, and made my modest HT setup sound great.

HBO does it again.

19. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Too bad the music didn't go with the show.

20. Myke

Your opinion, NOT mine.

rogertheshrubber and audiomixer like this.
  21. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Not just mine.......there has been much said/written about it.

22. Myke

I also don't go through my life following others.:tiphat:

Cokelike- likes this.
  23. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Looks like HBO just okayed a season 2

24. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I really didn't see this coming. I guess a "Limited Series" is limited to the number of seasons they can produce. :)

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  25. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Me either. All the same players... well... except for the dead guy. 7 episode season just like season 1

Encuentro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.