Biggest one album nosedive

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Guy Gadbois, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Adams was always mid-level...his music was product... few ever saw him as an actual artist... he was lucky to had as much success as he had... jmo.

2. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

In my opinion, artists create products.

3. ribonucleic

ribonucleic Forum Resident

Probably mentioned already: The Cars - Door to Door

4. Snow2

Snow2 Forum Resident

I know a lot of people feel the same. But I've always felt that the best tracks of SEcond coming are more than a match for the illustrious debut.

Breaking into Heaven
    Ten Storey Love song
    Begging You
    Tightrope
    Tears
    Love Spreads Around

In fact i'd only put I am the resurrection and I wanna be adored in the same league!

5. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

After the success of[A Song For You]The Temptations next album [House Party]sank without a trace.

6. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I like 'Door to Door' much more than 'Heartbeat City'(especially the Bland Songs, 'Drive' & 'You Might Think'), but I must have strange taste, as then again, I think 'Panorama' is a great Cars Album(although not as great as 'ST' & 'Candy-O').

7. no.nine

no.nine (not his real name)

You're right about one of them. :D

8. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

By that definition Brittany Spears is an artist.... And I simply don't want to argue with you about the merits of these folks. Let's agree to disagree and you have yourself a nice evening.

9. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Queen - The Game (a smash hit in America), to release Flash Gordon, and also Hot Space.

10. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

An artist on the Basketball court.
    Brittany Spears (basketball) - Wikipedia

Dan Steely and Dudley Morris like this.
  11. Minty_fresh

Minty_fresh Forum Resident

The Smiths....after Strangeways, Here We Come they were never the same.

:-popcorn:

12. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

not sure what that even means as adams can play several instruments and is a songwriter who has written songs for other artists

13. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Kiss Unmasked (pretty good, entertaining rocking poppy album, huge in Australia) vs The Elder an ill conceived concept album that hardly sold a copy and killed their career stone dead.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

That's it! End of thread!

15. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

oooof. yeah I cant even think of it. and they were huge..

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

With some editing, it could have been a lot better than it was. Some of the tracks would've been better off as B-sides.

Snow2 likes this.
  17. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

It's a great album and certainly not a nosedive, but for me the debut was the superior effort. I still enjoy both of them.

Agreed, it might have taken a nosedive in sales but Behavior is one of their best (my personal fave) - cracking production, mixing and mastering along with great songwriting...there's probably only one track I skip when I throw my original US CD on while making bacon and eggs on a Sunday morning, the first single which I think is kind of awful juxtaposed with the balance and mood the rest of the album imbues.

18. darkstarcrashes

darkstarcrashes Well-Known Member

Grateful Dead - Steal Your Face

zen likes this.
  19. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

the was the last album...:rolleyes:

20. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

I can think of a couple but my choice for "the one" would have to be The Cars: "Heartbeat City" to "Door to Door". I don't see how they could have not seen that coming given they went from working with a "power" producer on HC to self production on D2D

21. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

This is the first one I thought of when I saw this thread

The 3rd albums from Men At Work and The Knack were others that people mentioned that I thought of

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Big Country: The Seer > Peace In Our Time. Big drop in quality, both in song quality and production. Big Country never recovered commercially.

GroovyGuy, wallpaperman and no.nine like this.
  23. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

I always think of James Gang Rides Again > Thirds. Just like what happened with Creedence; everyone in the group wanted songwriter credits and the royalties therefrom, but only one of them could write songs.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

Todd Rundgren between Something/Anything > A Wizard, A True Star also comes to mind. As Trouser Press would say a few years later, he was great until he started listening to people who told him he was a genius (or words to that effect). Somebody needed to tell him that more is not always better.

25. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

Nay, nay and thrice nay! It's not a patch on the debut and considering it took so damn long they must have been completely devoid of ideas if that was what they eventually came up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.