Blind Melon Soup!!!! I'm so Pumped

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ron Jones, Oct 14, 2016.

1. sam1982

sam1982 Forum Resident

Has anyone heard the MOV? It would be interesting to know how it compares. I have the Analog Spark, as stated many times, it sounds flippin incredible.

Grow Fins likes this.
  2. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

same here, MOV vs Analogue?
    I need buy this, possibly I go for the Analogue due comments here AND (I hate print quality on artwoks of MOV, Analogue Spark looks better printed)
    One thing that I love of the original is the matte fine paper of the artwork, how is the Analogue compared with?

3. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

It's a nice matte finish on the Analog Spark reissue.

garrincha and stenway like this.
  4. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

I finally picked this up. Was afraid if I didn't bite it would go out of print. If all the Analog Spark records are this nicely pressed and packag d at this price point I'm definitely interested in picking up other titles. This label has its **** together

Grow Fins likes this.
  5. Grow Fins

Grow Fins ...and leave you laaaaand-lubbing women alone

Glad to hear you've bagged one! Analog Spark have done a stellar job with this one.

Still trying to convince my wife of what a great record this is (and still not succeeding). She was a cool indie kid in the 90s and just cannot look past No Rain. Apparently the perception back then was that they jumped on the alternative bandwagon, and lacked originality and authenticity. Ironically, Soup has bags of both, and moreover, is far closer to my wife's taste than most that's on the radio these days! Still not enough to break those firm-rooted teenage beliefs, however. Oh well.

OR she's paying me back for disliking Guided By Voices and Neutral Milk Hotel and J Macsis' singing voice. Me and my big mouth :hide:

6. TheMovieRad

TheMovieRad If you want to count me, count me out

Anything Analog spark is quality. I have the black and the soup colored copy which I initially preordered. Had a B&N coupon that allowed me to grab the black copy for $15 - no brainer. Both sound fantastic.

7. Arkay_East

Same. My wife had friends in punk bands and just can't get past it. Anything associated with grunge is a no go.

8. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Have you shown her the ‘Letters From a Porcupine’ documentary?

9. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Soup is the best Blind Melon album, I had the original 90's vinyl since it's release until recently.
    The pricing will apply until most of your vinyl treasures you (think you are) are holding on to are re-released on vinyl.

Flat rate 20€/£/Trump money (excluding any unpredictable DUTIES issued by the man) each will become the new norm, will also apply for TOOL & Marilyn Manson vinyl owners whenever the reissue campaign is released.

So don't get your hopes up for a single record store day Soup album physical value. Enjoy the fantastic MUSIC of SOUP in any format accessible and buy your stock shares on the NYE or DOW market. Those can be sold in an instant at a price consensus of hundreds of thousands of other share holders, without shipping charges. :)

(oh gosh I will get much negative from the above post, but SOUP is still one of the best 90's albums, even though the value of the physical vinyl has trumped :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  10. bridgeless

bridgeless Forum Resident

I have both the MOV and the Analog Spark. They both sound really good and have nice jackets. That said, I would go with the analog spark if I could only choose one. I can’t even fully explain why, it just grabs me a bit more.

11. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

Moving along....

BCJaysfan and M2225 like this.
  12. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

You want it, you got it.

Analog Spark, available May 25, 2018. Bull Moose & SRC pre-orders up. No info in Analog Spark website yet, but I guess there will be a limited color vinyl edition too.

"Never before available on vinyl. Over 200,000 copies sold. Includes alternate mix of Top 20 single “No Rain” as well as cover songs of John Lennon and Steppenwolf. Limited edition audiophile pressing. Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio and pressed and plated at QRP. 180-gram vinyl housed in a Stoughton deluxe gatefold old style tip-on jacket."

13. Arkay_East

I'm so buying this

mick_sh likes this.
  14. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Nico will certainly be a welcome addition. Some great songs and a must for BM fans. Going to pre order now!

15. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Gonna grab it..just waiting for a color option.

16. Mr Mojo

Mr Mojo Forum Resident

Beautiful, finally!

17. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

yesssssssssssssssss

18. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Ron Jones likes this.
  19. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

This pressing of Soup is one smokin' good sounding record! We're not talkin' audiophile delicacy here. Just a growling, glorious masterpiece. The music is just excellent. This is the way I want to hear Blind Melon. So glad I picked this up. Highly recommended.

20. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I got my delivery of Nico a couple of days ago. Listened to a few tracks earlier and it sounds really good. A couple of tracks in particular sounded fantastic.

Grow Fins likes this.
  21. Psychedelic Sounds

Psychedelic Sounds Forum Resident

I have this album on CD. I looked on Discogs and it looks like it was never released on vinyl.
    There is no need for a remaster on CD.

22. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

There was an original pressing of Soup on vinyl, and Analog Spark still has a vinyl pressing for sale, which is tremendous.

23. Psychedelic Sounds

Psychedelic Sounds Forum Resident

Thanks for the information that Blind Melon - Soup (1995) was released on vinyl.
    It is a very good album.
    Recorded at Kingsway Studios in New Orleans (from the CD liner notes)

James Bennett likes this.
  24. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

If you love the album and have a turntable and like spinning vinyl, you should seriously consider buying the new reissue.

Mr Mojo and Vinyl Addict like this.
  25. ALAN SICHERMAN

ALAN SICHERMAN Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY

I saw your post and I just listened to him/them for the first time. All I can saw is Wow!!, and Thank You!

Grow Fins, Ron Jones and Vinyl Addict like this.