Blondie - new album Pollinator, 5 May 2017*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Porkpie, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. JAMES1192

JAMES1192 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Moshe and bluemooze like this.
  3. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Bring it on!

4. Porkpie

Also Nile Rodgers is mixing for them (although it's not clear whether it's the full album or just a track)

5. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Please NO

sami and Dukes Travels like this.
  6. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

Yesterday I saw their Soundstage concert on PBS and they performed the new songs "My Monster" and "Gravity" as part of the set. If I'm remembering correctly from what I read, the first is the Marr collaboration and the latter is the Charlie XCX collaboration. Both had great hooks and the kind of new wavey sound one would want to hear from Blondie. Hopefully the studio versions are produced well, because that has been the issue with their last couple records...good songs produced badly (see "Mother," "Rave," etc).

sunspot42, Fullbug and Curveboy like this.
  7. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Has anyone seen any pre-order links anywhere?

8. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

I searched and haven't been able to find any, and if you go to the official website no details are provided yet. If the album is coming out in March I'd imagine we'll see them pop up any day though.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  9. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

So according to Chris Stein on Facebook, this album is actually coming out in May, not March. He said the date in the Mojo article was incorrect.

Fullbug likes this.
  10. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

Very excited about this. I'm seeing them live in Melbourne in April so this is great news! Although I liked the last album, it just didn't quite click for me. Some good tracks but nothing that really stood out. Fingers crossed this one will be better. I kind of felt the last one was more a Debbie Harry side project, which is fine because I've loved some of her solo albums, but if it has the name Blondie on the front cover, I expect it to have more of the Blondie sound.

11. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

....still is a band:righton:

bluesbro and Fullbug like this.
  12. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

After The Ghosts Of Download, I'm adopting a 'no Jimmy, no sale' policy.

bluemooze and fmfanuk like this.
  13. [​IMG]
    Yeah, there's a solo album we'll never see on cd

14. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

Jimmy is an excellent songwriter but his absence hasn't been a deal-breaker for me. Panic of Girls was a good album, albeit with some questionable production choices and a couple clunkers. Ghosts of Download sounded cheap because it was pieced together on computers. But again, some great songs. "Rave" is one of their best post-reunion songs, but they pretty much ruined the studio version with the production, including Miss Guy's backing vocals inexplicably turned way up in one chorus. Just sloppy production.

I am so excited that the band recorded this new one all together in the studio. I have high hopes.

Also, Jimmy's solo album is actually decent. He can't really sing, but there's some good songs on it. I'd buy it on CD if it were ever to be reissued.

CrazyCatz, Porkpie and DesertHermit like this.
  15. JAMES1192

JAMES1192 Forum Resident

This album, despite the collaborations in songwriting, sounds (from what we are told) like a 'band' record - and if it is their last album (perhaps) then that is fitting.
    Blondie is a group - Debbie Harry is the vocalist.
    I know Debbie has made comments in the last few years about - in her mind - 'Blondie' being a character - which she admits a lot of fans 'won't like' - but the truth is her most innovative work is as the vocalist (and writer!) of BLONDIE.
    I find it interesting that occasionally you will hear writers refer to 'Chris Steins's group BLONDIE': I think Debbie would probably agree with that - which is why I found the last recording a bit puzzling in so many ways - but hey ho - it's time for a new one - and it appears quite promising!!
    BLONDIE 2017 - wow, bring it on!

John Adam likes this.
  16. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I just hope this has the sound I really want to hear from Blondie. Ghost really didn't do much for me. Something in the ETTB or PL style would be great, an interesting, eclectic rock album. If it is the last album, I hope it is on a high note. Also, can we finally get No Exit on vinyl.

bababooey likes this.
  17. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

Track list, per official Blondie Facebook page. The post also said more details coming Wednesday.

1. Doom or Destiny
    2. Long Time
    3. Already Naked
    4. Fun
    5. My Monster
    6. Best Day Ever
    7. Gravity
    8. When I Gave Up On You
    9. Love Level
    10. Too Much
    11. Fragments

18. pghmusiclover

Is that the album cover? Or just a promo photo?

[​IMG]

19. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

Not 100% sure but I think that's actually the album cover.

Fullbug likes this.
  20. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

bluemooze and KaptKopter like this.
  21. pghmusiclover

Looking forward to hearing this.

That album cover is disappointing (if that indeed is it) -- seems like a candidate for the "Album covers that possibly didn't help sales?" thread!

22. Porkpie

Hopefully the Idiot Evans won't be as dismissive of it as he was of Two Times Blue when he played that and said something like she should give up

23. Porkpie

They're also playing at the BST Hyde Park series of concerts supporting Phil Collins

24. Fkrol

Fkrol Forum Resident

Really? I'm not familiar with the guy/show, but seems weird they would be having that show debut the song if he has made insulting comments like that.

25. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

Dev Hynes yyaaaaasss, Charli XCX yaaaaas,

SIA NO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.