1. Please help us keep us afloat without banner ads. DONATE NOW! Please visit our 2015 Forum Fundraiser thread for details, or donate directly here. Thank you very much for your support!

Blood Sweat & Tears

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ED in NY, Mar 4, 2002.

1. JohnT

JohnT Well-Known Member

Uncle Al said:

Thanks Al... DC Thomas is OK but it is the music I appreciate. I need to move on to more of their material and I'll have to seek out a good version of 'Child'.

feinstein:

The SACD is an incredible listen. I only have about fifteen SACD's but I've realized that four very good sounding ones have Vic Anesini's name on them.

All four are stereo:
    BS&T
    The Byrds Greatest Hits
    Dylan Blonde on Blonde
    C King Tapestry

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

All of this talk about BS&T reminds me that I have an audio sampler that came with an issue of Eye Magazine up on my web page. It was produced to promote Al Kooper's first solo album I Stand Alone and BS&T's second album. Click Here For Scans and MP3's.

-Craig

3. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Active Member

Those albums are recorded so well even the standard releases don't sound that bad. It's really hard to mess up a superb recording-- but harder to make a bad one sound good. That's why we need Steve so much. Lots of bad recordings or at least poor masterings. It's just that BS&T is so good, even with the modern day mucking around, the music still comes through.

4. bmoura

bmoura Active Member

Agreed. The B,S&T SACD is one of the best of the Stereo only SACDs.

5. KLM

KLM Active Member

I just got my MFSL copy of BS&T. Really a great record and great sounding gisc. As good as the MFSL cd is, I do think the Direct Disc lp is even better. Particularly the horns and bass really come through on the lp. I haven't heard the SACD version as I don't have a player.