Bloodline - New Netflix Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Haha, when I watched the series, I kept thinking about Michael Anthony, too, when he was scenes.

I'm looking forward to season 2 as I liked the first season quite a bit. It will be interesting how they move the plot forward with Danny's character now dead. Apparently Mendelsohn will be back, but in what capacity I have no idea. Flashbacks? A ghost?

Deesky likes this.
  2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm betting on flashbacks, as the ghost route would be pretty terrible!

3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yeah, I agree.

But what can they use as 'flashbacks'? Danny's character was integral (to say the least) of season 1. We certainly saw a lot of him. I guess, maybe, interactions with his son? Not seen interactions with the family? The problem with that angle is we saw everything important I would think.

4. Deesky

Well, I don't know. I think it's a major bummer that they killed off Danny (though the entire season's tension was hinged on that very fact in the early reveal in ep1). So, it will be tricky, but if the writers are worth their salt, and I do think they are, then I'm happy to let them craft another compelling story within the constraints.

GodShifter likes this.
  5. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Friday May 27th!

6. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I hope that Florida and the producers can work out the incentives. While to actual trickle down of production money into the local economy may be questionable, the show definitely makes the keys look beautiful.

7. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

Trailer (season 2):

8. videoman

videoman Senior Member

We don't know what we didn't see. The stuff we didn't see is only as important as they write it to be. They could come up with any number of scenarios involving Danny and his son with the family that took place years before. We really don't know anything much about the kid do we? Who's the mother. What was her and Danny's relationship.

Bring back Sam Shepard too!

The writers essentially are only limited by their imaginations as to where to take the story next short of bringing Danny back from the dead, I suppose.

GodShifter likes this.
  9. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Nice to know Mendelssohn will be back in some form. My wife and I loved the first season and while I'm anxious to see what they do for Season 2, my wife has said "what's the point"? if he isn't going to be in it.

Maybe this will convince her to give the new season a try.

10. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Does anyone here have an Ultra-HD display? Bloodline is one of a short list of shows that will take advantage of the the new High Dynamic Range feature found in UHD. If there was ever a production that could fully exploit visual dynamic range, a program shot in the glare of the Sun in Key West would be it.

Netflix details its HDR streaming lineup for the year ยป

Netflix recently revealed it had rolled out support for high dynamic range video, starting with the first season of Marco Polo. This was the initial step in the company's plan to go all in on that technology, which it believes is the perfect complement to 4K -- something it's been pushing since 2014. By the end of 2016, the service will have more than 150 hours of original programming in HDR, a Netflix spokesperson told Engadget. Of those, over 100 hours are expected to hit the platform in August, a figure that won't be easy for competitors such as Amazon to match.

While Marco Polo is the only show currently taking advantage of HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10), more content is going to come in the next few months. That includes existing series like Bloodline, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Chef's Table, as well as The Ridiculous Six movie. Netflix will also feature HDR in the upcoming Luke Cage and The Defenders shows, plus The Do-Over film starring Adam Sandler and more. Here's the full list, according to Netflix:

• A Series of Unfortunate Events
    • Bloodline
    • Chef's Table
    • Hibana
    • Knights of Sidonia
    • Marvel's Daredevil
    • Marvel's Iron Fist
    • Marvel's Jessica Jones
    • Marvel's Luke Cage
    • Marvel's The Defenders
    • The Do-Over
    • The Ridiculous Six
    Unfortunately, there's no word on when these are scheduled to arrive. "Timing varies depending on the title, as we are in the process of remastering any existing TV shows and movies," a company spokesperson said. "It is also dependent on the title's launch date. We don't have any dates to confirm at this point in time." But hey, at least you can be excited about all the HDR stuff that's coming in the near future.

11. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

As always it'll come down to the writing. All I know is that with the cast of thoroughbred actors they've assembled in this sucka, I'm in! I just hope that it doesn't go 'Outlander', and become a shell of what it used to be! (This shows 1st season was riveting, I actually struggle to stay awake with it now!).

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The trailer looks promising. I'm looking forward to watching this. I enjoyed the first season a lot. Mendelssohn is a very good actor.

amoergosum likes this.
  13. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

The ladyfriend and I just took a chance on this via a recommendation -- we love it! Great storytelling and great direction.

We're trying to binge watch all of season 1 before season 2 premieres on Friday!

I think history will write this period as a "golden age of television" in regard to options. It's great that finely crafted shows such as this one, which would have had no outlet even five years ago, are now worth financing because subscription services can target a very specific audience and reach them. If a show like this was made five years for a standard network or even a basic cable channel -- out of necessity -- it would have had to been watered-down to all hell. In addition, if HBO gave it the green light, it probably would have had to contain more gratuitous sex and violence to make its numbers.

14. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Does anyone know how many episodes the second season will be? I thought I heard rumors a few months back that it was only going to be six.

15. Deesky

As far as I know, there will be 13 episodes.

16. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I've been rewatching season 1 in preparation for season 2. I love this show!

amoergosum likes this.
  17. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I wasn't thrilled with the first season finale. But I'll bet there's a lot of good story still residing with these writers just the same.

18. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

So far, Season 2 has been terrific.
    Halfway through and loving it so far.

Best show currently on TV, IMFO.

amoergosum and mrstats like this.
  19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I'm having a bit of a problem with remembering what happened last season because they keep referencing past events (like in Miami) and I'm like "uhhh". Yet I'm not motivated enough to rewatch the first season again to get things straight.

20. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Binge-watched all of season 2 over the weekend. Great follow-up to season 1! I predicted a couple major things in the last couple episodes, so they weren't a huge surprise, but I am surprised they ended up going there.

Great cliff-hanger ending, and I don't see how season 3 can be anything but "awfulness for all."

Highly recommended!

amoergosum likes this.
  21. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Hopefully that means Bloodline will be back for season 3 after all. It didn't look so good according to an article someone linked here a few pages back. It would really suck to be left on a cliffhanger ending only to be cancelled!

amoergosum likes this.
  22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

It better be back. The threads aren't just dangling, they're completely unraveled and blowing in a hurricane.

amoergosum likes this.
  23. amoergosum

Season 2 was incredible!
    ...dark...veeeeeery dark.

I was blown away by some performances.

24. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Season two was great but a joke at only 6 episodes or so it seemed. This show needs more love.

25. amoergosum

Season 2 has 10 episodes (around 10 hours).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.