Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

I think it might up in value as time goes, a verifiable Bob Dylan signature, not an ebay print out your own COA style, or even one given a seal of approval by supposed experts but a concrete proof autograph, if these are legit, is hard to come by. theres only one dylan

2. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Those living in London get it a day earlier than the rest of us countryside dwellers - I can live with that disadvantage, I think.

:D So, I was completely wrong. Exclusice track is from the single CD. Oh, well. It was a very small bet.

DeeThomaz and streetlegal like this.
  3. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

Unless you get on that train and ride . . .

DeeThomaz likes this.
  4. Percy Song

I'd be obliged to scrape the s**t off my shoes first, and replace my torn and frayed coat, and take that strand of wheat from my mouth. Frankly, it's all too much effort these days......:)

SteveM likes this.
  5. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

6. Is Uncut actually for sale in UK shops yet?

7. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

arthurprecarious likes this.
  8. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Critter likes this.
  9. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

SteveM likes this.
  10. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

No, I subscribe to Uncut and it normally goes for sale in shops a few days after subscribers get their copy.

I think it's on sale the end of next week, Thursday onwards maybe.

Plus it comes with an all new His Bobness Bootleg Series Compilation to wet our appetites for MBMTs around a week later.

What's not to like and smile about. :cool:

11. voles

voles Forum Lurker

12. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

Just picked up my copy - here's the tracklist from the cover CD...track 8 is the exclusive (only in that it's yet to be released, so to speak).

[​IMG]

enro99, IronWaffle, JohnKale and 11 others like this.
  13. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

nice! November 2nd cannot come fast enough for me . .

14. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Perfect for me, as I have zero interest in acquiring this.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    scottc and JohnS like this.
  15. Richard--W

Yes, again.
    I get to laugh out loud this time because the article supports what I was saying:

Shelter From The Storm – the inside story of Bob Dylan’s Blood On The Tracks - Uncut

and it's an excellent summary of the times leading up to Blood On the Tracks which everybody should read.

Yes, again.
    I get to laugh out loud this time because the article supports what I was saying:

Shelter From The Storm – the inside story of Bob Dylan’s Blood On The Tracks - Uncut

and it's an excellent summary of the times leading up to Blood On the Tracks which everybody should read.

Get the point, pope ondine?

16. I read that article and it's quite interesting, even for me who knew much of the backstory anyway but nowhere in that piece does it suggest that the Woodstock festival was held there to draw out Dylan.

Just saying.

17. Richard--W

For that part of the story, you'll have to read other things.

18. Percy Song

Yes, in the cities. Up here in Happytown it is delivered by horse and carriage to the local newsagent early tomorrow morning.

19. goodnitesteve

goodnitesteve bootleger

You're a Big Girl Now isn't as lovely as If You See her Say Hello, but it's delicate and exciting for what else is to come.

Percy Song and DeeThomaz like this.
  20. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

From back in the day when "Joanie" had nothing but nice things to say about Dylan. For many, many years, Baez mocked Dylan in concerts, doing exaggerated and twisted impressions of him. I never could accept an artist doing that to another artist. She has stated in most recent interviews that she only recently got over that. She is almost 80, and it took her that long? I bet most of us got over any perceived mistreatment from a perceived boyfriend/girlfriend a lot quicker than that.

[​IMG]

21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

It depends on the edition numbers, which I don’t know. The Dylan photo prints from Genesis were around $2500 and limited to 25 each I recall. At $2000, it better be a small print run or I’m not sure it’s a great value, despite the Dylan signature.

22. Richard--W

My wife and I used to go see Joan Baez all the time. Her mockeries of Dylan always got a quick cheap laugh. It's the reason we stopped going. Every time Baez came around in southern California, which was sometimes two or three times a year, we'd talk about going. I think what we really missed were the meetings after the concert, when the hardcore fans would wait for her and she'd come out to give everyone a hug and a chat. But then we'd tell ourselves there were other acts we hadn't seen yet and better save the money for them.

Baez really loved Dylan. It wasn't a casual relationship, she was committed. I think she was deeply wounded that they weren't spending their lives together and devoting their music to the cause. The hurt persisted through her marriage to David and starting a family, divorce, other relationships. The really vicious mocking started after the RTR. She did it the first time I saw her, in early 1977 at the Hempstead Theater on Long Island, NY and at many shows after that in California.

Tommyboy and IronWaffle like this.
  23. Percy Song

He's sounding a little less nervous and naked, for sure, but the way he sings, "It's the price I have to pay..." on this one is priceless.

24. luckycountry

luckycountry Forum Resident

I saw her in the UK in 1999 and it was still pretty relentless then. Just struck me as odd, given the context and time lapse...

25. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

My thought about Dylan and Baez as a couple is that they were never really a couple. For a variety of reasons, many of which are easy to speculate, Dylan decided that Joan was not the woman for him. The fury that Joan directed at Dylan for the next 50 years proved that he was correct. Yet all during that time, at least in public, Dylan was always the polite gentleman concerning Joan. Joan, however, made her rage very public - put it in print and on the stage.

enro99 and MerseyBeatle like this.