Bob Dylan – Live 1962–1966: Rare Performances from the Copyright Collections [2018 2-CD release] *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joannenugent, Jun 2, 2018.

1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DKY35GS/ref=pe_847960_290064130_em_1p_3_ti

[​IMG]

Description
    This new compilation consists of previously released live recordings from 1962 - 1966, most of them rare and hard to find. Disc 1 1. Blowin' In The Wind [April 16, 1962 - Gerde's Folk City, New York City, New York] 2. Corrina, Corrina [April 16, 1962 - Gerde's Folk City, New York City, New York] 3. John Brown [April 12, 1963 - Town Hall, New York City, New York] 4. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right [April 12, 1963 - Town Hall, New York City, New York] 5. Bob Dylan's Dream [April 12, 1963 - Town Hall, New York City, New York] 6. Seven Curses [April 12, 1963 - Town Hall, New York City, New York] 7. Boots of Spanish Leather [April 12, 1963 - Town Hall, New York City, New York] 8. Masters of War [October 26, 1963 - Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York] 9. The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll [October 26, 1963 - Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York] 10. When The Ship Comes In [August 28, 1963 - March on Washington, Washington, D.C.] 11. The Times They Are A-Changin' [May 17, 1964 - Royal Festival Hall, London, England] 12. Girl From The North Country [May 17, 1964 - Royal Festival Hall, London, England] 13. Mr. Tambourine Man [May 17, 1964 - Royal Festival Hall, London, England] 14. It Ain't Me, Babe [May 17, 1964 - Royal Festival Hall, London, England] 15. To Ramona [July 26, 1964 - Newport Folk Festival, Freebody Park, Newport, Rhode Island] 16. Chimes of Freedom [May 17, 1964 -Royal Festival Hall, London, England] Disc 2 1. One Too Many Mornings [June 1, 1965 - BBC Studios, London, England] 2. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) [April 30, 1965 - The Oval, City Hall, Sheffield, England] 3. Love Minus Zero/No Limit [May 1, 1965 - The Odeon, Liverpool, England] 4. Gates of Eden [May 7, 1965 - Free Trade Hall, Manchester, England] 5. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue [May 1, 1965 - The Odeon, Liverpool, England] 6. She Belongs to Me [May 10, 1965 - Royal Albert Hall, London, England] 7. Maggie's Farm [September 3, 1965 - Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, California] 8. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry [July 25, 1965 - Newport Folk Festival, Freebody Park, Newport, Rhode Island] 9. Desolation Row [April 13, 1966 - TCN 9 TV, Sydney, Australia] 10. Baby, Let Me Follow You Down [May 11, 1966 - Capitol Theatre, Cardiff, Wales] 11. I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met) [May 11, 1966 - Capitol Theatre, Cardiff, Wales] 12. Ballad of a Thin Man [May 20, 1966 - ABC Theatre, Edinburgh, Scotland] 13. Visions of Johanna [May 6, 1966 - ABC Theatre, Belfast, Northern Ireland]

2. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Yeah, baby...

3. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

4. Thanks I looked but search engine is limited here.

905 likes this.
  5. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Thanks for the thread Mazzy.
    Gotta have this one.

6. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

Looks NICE.
    Price good too.
    I’m in.

7. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

And for anyone who thinks $13.11 is too much for a 2 CD set, the MP3 is only $14.99:shh:

Tuco, ted321, DmitriKaramazov and 2 others like this.
  8. George McClellan

George McClellan Forum Resident

Yeah, can't beat the price. I wouldn't have time to listen to all the copyright collections even if they could be found, so this is a nice option.

9. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

VERY COOL. :drool: :drool:

Another brilliant idea from the Dylan camp.

I wonder if there will be any more volumes showcasing the Copyright Collections?

10. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

11. George P

George P Notable Member

It was a separate thread, but was merged with this one.

Mazzy likes this.
  12. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Never got around to cancelling my CDJapan order. Never mind, it shipped today, so I should have this in hand before the U.K. release date.

13. mogambotek

mogambotek Forum Resident

Any idea if the Japanese release comes with an obi strip?

14. stepeanut

They usually do. I’ll let you know when my copy arrives.

DmitriKaramazov and mogambotek like this.
  15. stepeanut

Arrived today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Happiness endlessy! :)

17. stepeanut

[​IMG]

Second, black-and-white booklet has lyrics in both Japanese and English:

[​IMG]

18. stepeanut

Also comes with an A3 poster, of which there are three variants. Haven’t taken that out of its tube yet.

Percy Song likes this.
  19. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Thanks for posting, that looks really, really cool.

DeeThomaz and stepeanut like this.
  20. stepeanut

You’re welcome. I must be one of the first Westerners to receive the set. Three days from CDJapan; excellent service, as always.

I’m glad I kept my Japanese order now. It’s a beautifully presented set.

21. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

I am so sad that I wasn't here on the forum, that first day on page one with the Japanese titles. Sea Belongs To Me!

22. stepeanut

Worth getting the Japanese release for this brilliant lyric transcription alone:

[​IMG]

lschwart, poolie, siveld and 14 others like this.
  23. AGimS

AGimS Forum Resident

:laugh:
    Priceless!

aoxomoxoa, IronWaffle and stepeanut like this.
  24. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I'm rather fond of Badlands simply because they allowed me to place phone orders (from the US) for the '63 and '64 Copyright Collection vinyl boxes! Doubt I ever would've laid a hand on those otherwise...

Sean Murdock and Percy Song like this.
  25. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Yes, they are good people. On this occasion, having seen the great scans from @stepeanut , I'm (very slightly) annoyed with myself for cancelling my CDJapan order, especially if the A3 posters were part of the package. I didn't notice that they were when I made the order.

So, @stepeanut , spill the beans: any improvements over the vinyl copyrights and/or the '65 mp3s??

mrjinks and HominyRhodes like this.