Bob Dylan LP remasters by Mobile Fidelity starting w/Freewheelin' & Another Side...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunsales, Jul 15, 2012.

1. The same can also be said for their 45rpm LP's too, although I think the difference in this case is arguably "huge".

2. Freewheelin mono now on it's way. I had rejected the idea of buying a MFSL of an all acoustic album but the comments here have convinced me to change my mind!

OptimisticGoat and Echoes Myron like this.
  3. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

Yeah, they may be limited to what seems to be the normal limit for MOFI pressings of 5,000. I could easily be wrong about that limit though. Now that I've written it I'm starting to wonder where I got that number.

Buyer beware.

4. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The stereo 45 of Blond on Blonde is back in stock at Music Direct. Get it while you can!

AmosM and SteveM like this.
  5. I agree. I'm playing it now. It is utterly captivating and completely mind blowing. This is probably the best the album will ever sound.

Jam757, Chemguy, ssmith3046 and 4 others like this.
  6. Piero

Piero Forum Resident

I confirm is really to die for

AmosM and SteveM like this.
  7. What's the consensus with Planet Waves and how does the vinyl compare to their SACD? I only have the 2004 CD.

8. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Another Side is now shipping.

Edit: in mono, on vinyl.

Eduardo Denaro likes this.
  9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

great! ordered that last week and see shipping notice today. This is the first time on MOFI 45rpm for this mono title right? Or is it a repress?

10. Gabe Walters

Right. They put it out in stereo before, I believe, but this is the first time the mono mix has appeared from MOFI on vinyl.

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I wonder when the first album is finally going to come out - hopefully soon.

12. Gabe Walters

Bob Dylan’s first LP is shipping today, in mono, on vinyl.

teag and chacha like this.
  13. No one bought Planet Waves then?

14. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

Planet Waves sounds very good, but there are some noise issues in the master that appear on both formats. If you can get past those minor issues then this is probably the best digital version and best analog version, short of a first press (assuming here as it beats all the vinyl I have of the album, but I don’t have a first press).

SteveM likes this.
  15. sunspot

sunspot Forum Resident

With tge mono 45's of Another Side & Bob Dylan, is this run finished, it was 7 titles in Mono?

16. Oh great thanks. Since my post I have spotted a new MFSL SACD of it quite cheaply, about half the cost of their LP. From what you're saying this will comfortably beat the remastered CD I have. I might just pick this up instead whilst it's inexpensive. Thanks again!

markmck79 likes this.
  17. Yes

18. Gabe Walters

Here's hoping MOFI will put out Blonde on Blonde in mono. It's the only mono album they haven't done yet, for whatever reason.

mikeyt likes this.
  19. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

Hopefully that is on the short list for the One Step series, though I imagine it would be $200+.

20. Gabe Walters

I'd welcome regular packaging. The box for the 45 rpm stereo edition is even a bit much--I'm running out of room!

Jam757, DPC and mikeyt like this.
  21. markmck79

markmck79 Forum Resident

You should go for the KG/QRP Sundazed version then. It sounds excellent. It would probably take a one-step pressing to significantly better it.

razorball likes this.
  22. Gabe Walters

I had the older Sundazed, then the Sony mono box, but ended up selling both. The Sony was great. I might have to try the KG cut.

SteveM likes this.
  23. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I really don't think they'd do a one-step for the mono mix of Blonde on Blonde.

24. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

25. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

So far they've only done stereo one-step releases, IIRC. Something about anticipated market demand and pricing strategy, perhaps? I don't know. They will fill a gap with Blood on the Tracks, but there's already a fine 45 rpm stereo pressing of BoB.