Bob Dylan & The Band - The Basement Tapes MFSL

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rafalor, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The SACD is the best version I've heard of this album, though the most recent CD remaster by Sony wasn't bad either. It would be a much tougher decision if I could hear that Sony remaster in Hi-Rez quality.

2. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

and my question is, does the MFSL vinyl have the same issue? If it doesn't, I would have bought the vinyl instead...I have no doubt this one will sound the best of all possible versions

3. rxcory

rxcory proud jazz band/marching band parent

The glitch is there on the vinyl too. I can live with it. This MFSL smokes the recent Sony remastered CDs which were compressed and too harsh. Plus the vinyl is dead quiet and makes for a great listen. Finally, a release of this album that lets me enjoy and appreciate the music. I sure wish MFSL, AF, or someone would give Before The Flood some TLC!

4. rxcory

Nope, it's the more modern 1 & 2/ 3 & 4 pairing. Anyway, you didn't plan on playing this on a stacking spindle, did you? That brings back bad memories of disc slippage by the time I got to that 3rd "Apple Jam" LP on ATMP as a teenager. I've only ever played LPs one at a time ever since.

5. rxcory

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Got my SA-CD yesterday morning -it truly is great. The 2009 remaster sounds harsh compared to this. It is constantly grabbing my attention when concentrating on doing something else. Sax is much more natural, strummed guitar is both delicious and detailed, vocals keep drawing the listener in.

Unputdownable.

7. Wipin Dsser

Wipin Dsser Active Member

In my copy, the tune "Lo and Behold" has a strange noise in the beginning. Does this happens with all versions of this album? What about older releases or different remasters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.