Bob Dylan's "Hard Rain"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pablo, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes and agree on all fronts! :righton:

rednax likes this.
  2. Adamski777

Adamski777 Forum Resident

I stand corrected !

3. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

Never read this -- thanks, Very revealing. Lived up to his dream of being a blacksmith, And hasn't changed his views on American culture, as he has said similar things in more recent interviews.

4. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

5. MattG

MattG Unreliable Narrator

It lists Sony/Legacy as the label, maybe it's a repress of the MOV from a few years ago that people were talking about up-thread?

6. Batman21

thats what im hoping for.

MattG likes this.
  7. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Scroll down and note that other Dylan LP's are being released as well.

8. Richard--W

I'd like to see Hard Rain and Real Live extended to CD length with a few additional tracks on each.

Also, I wouldn't mind if Isle of Wight 1969 got a CD release apart from the Another Side of Self Portrait box.

Chemguy, dee, stef1205 and 4 others like this.
  9. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I'd prefer just getting the whole '76 tour! I know you want a 1979 box. So, let's compromise and ask Sony to give us both. :winkgrin:

redsock likes this.
  10. Batman21

Right i think i recall a thread from a fee months ago but there were no details. Guess we’ll have to see.

11. Richard--W

It shows Slow Train Coming, Shot of Love and Good As I Been to You LP's up for pre-order as well. Scroll down:

Hard Rain (Pre-Order)

12. Richard--W

Not a fan of Guam, T-Bone Burnett's "rag band." Not overly fond of T-Bone, neither. I find them too raggedy. They were a poor support to some of the guests -- Joni Mitchell, Roger McGuinn etc never had worse backup than Guam, Also, I don't know how many 1976 shows were taped, do you? They were 3 hour concerts with about half of it rank amateurism. Still, it would be nice to see the tour covered with the just the Dylan sets and Baez sets together with the special guests. Not interested in the Guam stuff. So I would suggest an edited tour box.I would like to see both TV specials officially released whether the tour is covered or not. Also there's a lot more to be done with the 1975 Rolling Thunder tour including some hot concert footage.

13. cpatton

cpatton Forum Resident

CD length - that must be the saddest thing i the whole field of recorded music. Suddenly everyone released 60-70 min (dbl LP´s) of music when they barely had material for 35.

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Actually this is not only one of my favourite Dylan live albums-it s one of my favourite Dylan albums.
    The version of Idiot Wind is every bit as stunning as the 1966 Rolling Stone. The version of You r a big girl now has one of-imo-Dylans most soulful vocal deliveries. It s really ragged but oh so good. Music that really tells thw truth.

dee, adriatikfan, mooseman and 7 others like this.
  15. Richard--W

Yeah, but that's the Dylan portion. Guam by itself is pure amateur night without the brilliant frontman.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  16. NicoRock

NicoRock Forum Resident

Did anybody listen to the new Vinyl Legacy Reissue yet?

17. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Mick Ronson and Guam did very well by McGuinn on the Cardiff Rose album.

18. NicoRock

NicoRock Forum Resident

Well, finally I got the new Sony Vinyl reissue and it is indeed the MOV...
    Has MOV on the Matrix...
    As stated here before, it sounds VERY good, open and punchy.

19. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I take it this is the version that's cheap on amazon.uk at present? UK release date of 10th November 2017. Superdeluxeedition tweeted earlier saying amazon were selling for £7.50, current price is £9.96.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Rain-...285&sr=1-1&keywords=bob+dylan+hard+rain+vinyl

20. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

I likwill this LP, I had a betarecording I made from the TV broadcast.

I would like this and the aborted TV special from Clearwater. Fl to be released.

The Fort Collins show was shot on video by TVTV. So there should be more footage fom the concert.

I would like to see a Box Set from the second leg of the RTR tour.

Dallas show anyone?

stewedandkeefed and poolie like this.
  21. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Forgetting completely the Hard Rain footage and outtakes if any survive, there must be many songs more pro-shot filmed - Ranaldo and Clara outs like that video piece included in the limited Live 1975 CD issues.

Watch this entire film before is vanishes

MerseyBeatle and poolie like this.
  22. culabula

culabula Unread author.

By carefully cancelling it three times this morning and then reordering it, I got a copy at its lowest of 7.50.

Funny thing is, I had it preordered before Christmas and cancelled it then, for once being sensible and not buying something I have a perfect original of.

But hey, at 7.50...

23. Jim Walker

Jim Walker Senior Member

One of the first Dylan boots I listened to was the Live at the Warehouse,
    May 3, 1976. An ex soundboard and pretty good performance from
    what I could tell, the complete Dylan portion, exc for Isis, and with
    Joan B. Its rates well on Bobsboots . It's a shame they couldn't take some
    of the other shows for the official release, but I thought the HR vinyl
    was pretty good at the time.

As for the Cardiff Rose I'd agree that is a pretty strong release, and I still
    listen to a lot of the early McGuinn catalog.

24. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Mine just arrived, by the power of amazon prime. Alas when opened I see the sleeve corner is all bent and damaged. I know its a cheap purchase but back it must go. :cussing:

25. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

If you follow that Amazon link there is one review, reading: “A bargain but a very skimpy issue of this really good Dylan live album, hence three stars.”

Any idea what this refers to? Skimpy how? Is it a poor pressing? Is artwork missing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.