Bob Welch Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ksmitty, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member Thread Starter

I picked up the recent release from Bob Welch "His Fleetwood Mac Years & Beyond" ONE WAY (ONE36326) yesterday . Well I was dissapointed as after I got it home I realized that this whole thing was RE-Recorded and Digitally at that. There are some good Welch classics here such as
    Oh Well, Hypnotized, Ebony Eyes , etc but the sound is bright in your face.
    This is a limited edition # 1931 /2500 released and has Bob Welch's signature on the front. One new song at the end called "Like Rain" that he recently wrote for this release. Bob's voice does not do much justice on the classics that he did years ago, I would have rather had all the original stuff as One Way did do some fairly decent remasters in the past that I have. I like One Way because they have released many that probably would never have seen CD if not for them. Anyway if anyone was thinking about this I would pass on it because the good Old Fleetwood songs were
    destroyed on this in my opinion. Unless of course you wanted it for the collectibility of it since there were only 2500 released.

2. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member Thread Starter

BTW , One Way also released "Three Hearts" with the same 2500 limited edition signed but this one is the real deal with no re-recording of the album anyway.

3. chaz

chaz Senior Member

That's a bit of a disappointment to hear that about "His Fleetwood Mac Years & Beyond" as I was looking to pick this up. Maybe I'll stick with the Three Hearts cd instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.