Boiling up old German Kraut - remastering Grobschnitt live on the web...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Eroc, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eroc

Eroc Active Member Thread Starter

As I said i
    As I said in the other thread: last year I finished remastering all 15 albums from Grobschnitt again, with the best technology, with my greatest experience and all from the o-tapes. This had to be done because Universal finally wants to re-release them all for now and for the future. This could have been done already in 2007/2008 when Universal went together with SPV who started the re-releasings back then. But when SPV went bancroft in 2009 it all was stopped and dropped. Now Universal is in the game and they are NOT allowed to use the remasterings, I did for SPV. So I had to do it all again, and do it even better, and fit each album with previously unreleased bonus-tracks. This is ready to go now. Solar Music Live will contain a complete bonus-CD with a live version of Solar Music, recorded in 1978 in Weingarten (down Southern Germany), taped as played and previously unreleased.

At this point I'm still into polishing up the pictures for the covers. The linernotes were corrected by an Englishman right before x-max, and our former guitarrist and manager "Lupo" is still into negociations with Universal about the conditions. Also topic: the official release of the 1978 Rockpalast video of Solar Music on DVD, with remastered sound. And probably more video-material. Due to Universal the releases can start with the first package in spring. The sound of the remasterings is absolutely great, the best I ever did for Grobschnitt. And the last, for sure.

And now, are you curious and ready for my (true) Christmas story...? :wave:

- Eroc

2. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Did ole St Nick have some old recordings he needed tidied up? ;) Please do tell!

3. Eroc

No, it wasn't St. Nick, but it happened on St. Nick's day. Here 'tis...

On Dec. 6th (Santa's day) I decided to go down to our village's bakery to get me some fresh rolls. It's about a mile to walk and it was a really nice cold winter's morning. In the little park near the bakery a wrapped up figure was approaching to me. Grey cap deep into his face, thick grey scarf. I was hoping he wouldn't greet me, otherwise I had to salute back (up here in Breckerfeld most people greet, even if they don't know each other).

He came closer, looking rather strange at me. I decided to hold my purse in my pocket tighter and suddenly... we fell into each other's arms. It was: Willie Wildschwein!!!

Accidentally he had decided to drive up here from downtown Hagen just to talk a little walk in the snow. What a surprise! We hadn't seen each other for a couple of years now. Of course we headed into the next cafè and rapped more than two hours about the old times. It was like „meeting after the war in the pub“. We never had serious problems with each other, only some longer breaks. And we have both been through so many fantastic things in our bands for decades, which is still a true tie between us.

Willie then suggested a meeting of us three remaining founding-members. He, Lupo and me played in The Crew from 1966 to 1969 and then founded Grobschnitt in 1971. His idea: to perform the best of Grobschnitt's songs unplugged and probably record the final album in the band's history. Now it's up to me to get Lupo on the line, because I really like this idea...

4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Hi Eroc- The reason I referenced that other post was because you had said the Grobschnitt Story cd's I and II were going to be re-released with better sound and booklets in English. Are these part of those 15? I always hated the super-compressed first cd's of those titles and the fact I couldn't read all the stories in the booklets in German.

Also, please make sure "Sonnenflug" will be added to Jumbo and "Tontillon" added to RL. :wave:

5. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Thanks for sharing the story Eroc! Do you think he had in the back of his mind he might see you? An acoustic album sounds great! I hope Lupo comes on board and you all can record again... I, for one, would certainly buy the results! Would Willie sing in English or German??

6. Eroc

GS-Stories 1 and 2 were re-released 2010 in much better sound quality by M.I.G. Music. Also a very interesting album called "Grobschnitt-Story ZERO" presenting the songs from our first album and more from 1971, right before we went to record our 1st album. They all are fitted with excellent bilangual booklets. Just go to www.eroc.de, click on "Grobschnitt" on the GERMAN banner. There you can see them all, the old and the new ones. You can buy them directly from me or e.g. at Amazon's. I hope to find time in the near future to add this info to my English site as well.

Sonnenflug and Der Clown (Single Version) will be added to Jumbo German Version. Tontillon can't be added to RPL because this track was re-released by Universal on the album "Eroc 3" a few years ago. Bonustrack on RPL will be a special "meditative" all instrumental version of the tune Rockpommel's Land.

Cheers... :cheers:

7. Eroc

Willie said in his back it was somehow "like driving to Breckerfeld" that morning. I'll contact Lupo next week. Should have done that earlier because he wants to hear my remastered GS-albums, but I didn't find time to "burn" the collection for him. The language and the collection of that project isn't topic yet. The whole thing is just an early idea from Willie. But he said he's able to perform already songs like "Drummers Dream" or "Magic Train" completely on his acoustic guitar. :edthumbs:

8. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

That actually sounds really cool. :thumbsup:

9. Jeff57

Jeff57 Senior Member

Bumping this old thread. Haven't seen Eroc here in ages. I am curious about the Grobschnitt remasters. When will they be released?
    Eroc...we'd love to hear from you again.

10. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

11. Eroc

12. Anaon

Anaon Forum Resident

13. Anaon

Anaon Forum Resident

Anyone maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.