'Bojack Horseman' New Series on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by profholt82, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Hightops

Hightops Forum Resident

File this under brush with fame. My now retired teacher wife had Bob Waksberg (the creator of BJH) in her class one year. High school. He was a friggin' handful, but clearly bright. Went by the name "Raisin" back then. It was as if the walls of the classroom agitated him and he had to be set free. So happy he has found his calling.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Halfway through the show now and I'm lovin' it. Man, this is a mean, dark, nasty, depressing show.

I love the fake-'90s TV show open...

It's like every bad Miller-Milkis TV show ever made. The fake "generic decade" songs they throw in during the flashbacks are hilarious, too. "Now it's the '80s!"

3. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

This sequence made me laugh uncontrollably for about five minutes:

[​IMG]

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Season 5 is out and it hasn't missed a beat. It's still funny, insightful, smart and sad.

The show usually has an especially outstanding, tour de force episode and while I've only seen 7 eps so far, I think that episode this season might be ep 6, which is basically a single monologue! Brilliant stuff.

5. George P

George P Forum Pianophile

Still watching through Season 5. Really enjoying it.

“Wow. And my mother said I’d never last as long as Hung. Well, who’s hung now, Mom?!”

:laugh:

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Just watched that last night, and it was amazing. I just had to do a eulogy for an old friend of mine that died a couple of months ago, and I'm just glad I hadn't seen the BoJack episode first.

I just watched the Horsin' Around open, and I laugh every time they do that line, "laughin' and lovin', and lovin' a lot..." Jesus, that is so "80s."