Bono bicycle accident: U2 singer undergoes 5 hours of surgery

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris R, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

You should let go of that bone and get back to Bono. Most of LZ 1 and 2 is based on other artists songs and it's futile to claim otherwise in the face of objective fact.

zen likes this.
  2. old time fan

old time fan Active Member

You started this off topic nonsense. Why can't you let your obsession go?

3. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

If you can read you'll see that I've tried to end it 2 posts in a row only to get bitchy responses back. Bright idea of you to bring the topic up again...

sunspot42 likes this.
  4. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Well, I have read that he's expected to make a recovery but it will be months if not years of therapy.

So God love him, I wish him the very best. Let's remember some of those outstanding tunes.

5. Aris

Aris Labor Omnia Vincit

Led Zep are widely considered one of the most successful, innovative, and influential rock groups in history. The second album developed their musical style and which would be highly influential and frequently imitated.
    Led Zep are a band influenced by Blues like many other British acts, therefore they did many covers like many others (the snag is WLL), if you do not understand this, you do not know anything about music, please do not bash other artists... respect. :shh:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  6. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Sorry, but there have been many, many posts to the contrary, and such disturbing behavior deserves to be called out and discouraged.

7. Aris

Aris Labor Omnia Vincit

You are not a moderator, Mr. Dude or whatever you are. :nauga:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  8. old time fan

old time fan Active Member

...by mixing another LZ album into the discussion.
    Keep trying.
    On a second thought, don't.

9. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Once the band starts touring, Bono will have to sing Queens "Bicycle Race".

10. Vincent Terranova

Vincent Terranova Active Member

I had a serious bike crash at w33st and tenth ave ,nyc four years ago, when an item jammed into my front fork as I was going full speed ,downhill and standing up, looking over my shoulder to see if any cabs were coming, holding on with one hand. The bike hit an invisible wall and stopped on a dime and flip ,sending me sky high and back down on my arm covering my helmet. Absolutely destroyed my arm ( bionic arm now ), but the helmet cracked save me from other injuries. ( Biking without a helmet is insane ) ..I'm 63 now and back biking but always wearing the helmet...

jimhb likes this.
  11. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Given the style of helmet he wears and depending on how he landed and how bumpy a surface he landed on I am not surprised he fractured his orbital bone:

[​IMG]

12. Vincent Terranova

That is why I exchanged my racer and helmet like one in picture for a sturdy lower to the ground bike, wider tire and full helmet, long pants and protective gloves ,guards,etc

13. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

Theres supposedly an accident picture out there, maybe just a fake.

14. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

As a bicyclist myself, I am very sorry to hear the extent of Bono's injuries and I wish him the very best and the quickest possible recovery...

ssmith3046, jimhb and mark ab like this.
  15. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

It is. The give away is the two riders wearing the same team gear.

16. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Hello ignore!

zen and xTraPlaylists like this.
  17. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

It's a road racing style of helmet. Intended to protect the head, not so much the face. There are full face helmets for MTB riding. But those are intended for extreme downhill or freeride riding.

The picture shows him wearing a cycling helmet properly and appears to be well fitted. Chin strap appears tight. Helmet is properly fit on the head and not tilted back in a way that exposes the forehead (as can happen if the chin strap is too loose). Hopefully he was wearing a helmet in NY and was able to get it as well fitted. If you're renting a bike and using either a new or rented helmet it can be a PITA to get the helmet properly fit and adjusted the first time. Hopefully he took the time to fit it properly.

18. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

I've looked in here at this thread a few times... (not gone through all of it) just to see if anyone's posted any links for an update on how he is.

I know someone who this happened to (or a very similar think) and well, I think how lucky I've been in the past when people didn't think to wear any head protection - I went straight into a wall downhill myself at some speed once (brakes weren't working!) and am just wishing for Bono, a rapid recovery.

19. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

Just looking at your post reminds me of a fall I had from one of my bikes about 2 years ago. Those dreaded rotting leaves that accumulate all over the place in the Autumn caused my tyres to skid sideways and the bike just fell over on its side and my head hit the ground with some force. If I hadn't been wearing a cycling helmet, there is no doubt that I would have suffered a serious head injury.

For the record, I also fractured the humerus bone of my right shoulder in another accident (not a bicycle accident this time) nearly three years and it was extremely painful. I think I know something of what Bono is going through on that account. Bicycles are dangerous at the best of times. I envy the French and the Dutch who appear to have extensive cycling paths in their countries away from roads and can cycle significant distances in relative safety. I have never seen this in the U.S., though?

20. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

I agree. I'm NOT a U2 fan. I made a joke about Bono being ok by falling on a combination if his wallet and his ego. I had no idea it was serious. I feel seriously bad about that now. Wishing him all the best.

Peter Pyle, Oliver and Oatsdad like this.
  21. Aris

Aris Labor Omnia Vincit

Great vid also, a bicycle race with nude women at Wimbledon Stadium (the original).
    I prefer "An Cat Dubh" a song about Bono's girlfriends and why not in gaelic?...

22. bward

bward Senior Member

I wish Bono a complete and speedy recovery.

This is just awful news.

On a personal note, I know I need to get more active in my middle aged years. I was thinking about biking. But after this story, and some stories friends have told me, a re-think might be in order.

Weird, when I was 10 and I fell off my bike, I didn't care. But now that I'm considerably older, I don't think I want to test my mortality just yet.

Again, speedy recovery to Bono.

23. Vincent Terranova

I'm 63 and even after breaking my arm, I still bike from queens to Manhattan at times. I also use the Citibike share bikes all the time in Manhattan. Wear your Helmet, get a sturdy bike and use common sense and you will benefit from the biking.

24. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I was in a head on collision under a bridge with a young cyclist this summer. I was lucky my shoulder MRI was negative and my elbow was not broken. The pharmaceutical pain drugs the doctor gave me didn't remotely help the pain. Thankfully since I live in Colorado I was able to legally procure alternative sources of medication allowing me to sleep at night. Always wear a helmet!

sunspot42 and ssmith3046 like this.
  25. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I WILL FOLLOW (1980):
    ♪ I was on the outside when you said
    You said you needed me
    ♪ I was looking at myself
    I was blind, I could not see... ♪

LOVE IS BLINDNESS (1991):
    ♪ Love is blindness
    I don't want to see
    ♪ Won't you wrap the night