Bryan Adams "Reckless" in surround on Blu-ray! Anyone heard this?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by head_unit, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

Bryan Adams - Reckless [Blu-ray Audio] - Amazon.com Music
    At first I thought "this is one of those 2-channel-only things" but the track listing includes 5.1 mixes, which intrigues me. I'm not a huge fan, more a liker, but it makes me very curious what was done with this in surround. And, if the sound is improved compared to other media. (Well, it's Blu-ray, so I supposed it must be "BETTER THAN perfect sound, forever ;))

2. Jef Skindzier

Jef Skindzier Forum Resident

I have it. The surround is pretty conservative. Big stereo for the most part, but it does sound good, just not a lot of oooh moments. There's a bunch of non-album tracks on the stereo stream, so that's pretty cool. DR is 7's & 8's on the stereo, so there's definitely some compression.

micksmuse likes this.
  3. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

I love the 5.1 of Reckless, only the PCM version though, the other two sound dreadful.

How the actual song 'Reckless' didn't make it onto the album is a complete mystery!

GiorgioV likes this.
  4. wavelength

wavelength Forum Resident

If you like Bryan Adams and you like surround then this is a must-buy.

5. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I have the blu ray. Decent surround and it sounds good.

6. Lenny Cyment

Lenny Cyment New Member

I purchased the HFPA disc about 8 months ago. Very well done disc in surround. I played in on occasion since I purchased it. Then one day, the disc will not load. I have an Oppo BDP105 and a Sony UBP-X800 UHD player. It does not play on either machine. I have played it approximately 20 times then it will no longer play. I contacted Oppo tech support a few months ago and they have heard of this issue. There is a authoring issue with the disc and he said it should not have played from day one. I have contacted Universal Music Entertainment (UMe) and twice they said it is passed the date for any warranty replacement. Send it back to where you purchased from. Well duh!!! It took several months to play it enough to notice a manufactures defect. Universal will NOT work with you to replace the disc. I even said I will send my disc to you to play it on their machine. All I want is a working disc, but Universal could care less. So I will no longer support Universal Music Group since they do not care about their customers or product. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.