"Buckingham Nicks"--When, If Ever?....*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsrstereo, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I agree there shouldn't be any reason they couldn't do that, but there is. And that's Stevie. At the moment she refuses to write songs for them and would prefer to keep them for herself. And that's my point. If they can convince her to write a few songs for them, I'd rather they record with as FM because I doubt she'll just write a ton of a songs that she's willing to share with them.

I mean just look at their Extended Play EP. She provided them with one song that was over 40 years old in which she didn't even have lead vocals and didn't even appear on another song. She allowed that which tells me she doesn't really care too much to write new songs for the band. In a previous time I doubt she would allow Lindsey to dominate like that.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. You could be on to something here. If that's the case, it's a pretty cynical move on their part--"we are OK now but let's give the fans more drama to keep the myth alive and sell more records."

3. Marc Marlowe

Marc Marlowe Active Member

I have my double RL original vinyl and could not be happier. If it does come out on CD, I will most likely purchase that too.

Fullbug likes this.
  4. Maybe both Lindsey and Stevie like the fact that this album has never been released on CD. They may think that the album has a uniqueness about it because of no re-release on CD and/or official download. Because of that it could become even more popular with fans, and will be labelled by FM and BN fans as "that album that's never been released on CD". They may think that if they re-release it the album may lose it uniqueness, which it (sort of) does have at the moment. Sort of fooling and teasing the fans over it I suppose. Having said that, I'm pretty sure there will be an official release at some point... it could be in the next six months or in the next six years.
    They must've felt the need to do a high resolution 24bit/192kHz flat transfer back-up for some reason.

Helmut said something very similar to this around three or four posts back (scroll up). I hadn't seen that post before I posted the above... it was just a coincidence. I don't deliberately post information or speculations that have already been mentioned on this forum.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  5. DLedin

DLedin Forum Resident

I've heard the RL mastering but for me this is the pressing to seek out:
    Side 1:
    PD 5058 AS-PRC-1-1-1
    STERLING PRC

Side 2:
    PD-1-5058 BS-PRC-2-1-1
    PRC MASTERDISK GK

-DLedin

markp and Marc Marlowe like this.
  6. Marc Marlowe

Marc Marlowe Active Member

I will have to be on the lookout for that! Thank you for the info!

7. Looks two different masterings there for each side--one from Sterling Sound, the other from Masterdisk (Gilbert Kong). Any idea who mastered it at Sterling Sound? PRC is the pressing plant, not an engineers initials.

8. DLedin

DLedin Forum Resident

I don't know who did the Sterling side. The info I provided above is all that there is in the dead wax area.

-DLedin

9. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Oh, come on. They're just words.

10. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident

There is simply no excuse anymore for Lindsey and Stevie to continue talking about releasing B/N on CD for years and years now, but not doing it. It's ridiculous and they should both just announce that it will never be released on CD! I have a feeling that they are also enjoying all of the attention and questions they keep getting asked regarding the album, and probably think this is all fun and games, while having no real intention of releasing it any time soon, for whatever unknown reasons that they only know.

11. Without trying to sound morbid, maybe we will have to wait until they're both dead before we see an official release on CD and/or other modern formats. Obviously, none of us want that, but it seems that way, judging by the amount of times they say they want the album out but never keep to their word.

Like I said before in my previous post, it seems they're just playing games with the fans. If they are doing that, then they should be ashamed and disgusted with themselves as it sounds like they don't have a passion for that album and a passion for wanting people to hear it.

They know it's a good album and they know there's a big demand for an official re-release on CD, and it is in their financial interest as well, unless they don't need the money. I believe that a re-issue of Buckingham Nicks would sell very well (especially if some bonus tracks were added). There are quite a lot of Buckingham Nicks recordings from around 1971-73 that have never seen the light of day at all (such as the Coffee Plant Demos).

12. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident

Yes, I agree that they should be ashamed for promising to release it, but not doing it. At this point, they might as well just sell the original master-tapes to the Pawn Stars (TV show) and let them auction it off to some private collector, so he or she can release it faster! :)

13. 762rob

762rob Forum Resident

YES!

14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

In Canada this album was released on the Quality label, not Polydor.
    Anyone know how that Quality pressings stands up?

15. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

I keep thinking: by the time this does come out on CD, no one will be buying physical product any longer!

'Course, a high def download would work for me too. ;)

16. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Someone did a needle-drop and added some bonus tracks (singles, live tracks) and called it an unofficial deluxe edition. It's excellent - they could release it as-is officially and it would be well-received.

17. I've got that Deluxe Edition, but when I acquired files sourced from the master tapes I deleted the vinyl transfer of the album (tracks 1-10) but kept the bonus tracks (tracks 11-21). Those bonus tracks are quality tracks and I can't believe why this album and those extra tracks haven't been released yet. Both Lindsey and Stevie have been talking about releasing this album on CD as far back as 1992, so if you hear either of them saying that it will be coming out on CD soon, take it with a pinch of salt. I won't believe it until it's in my hands.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  18. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

My mint 1st pressing (lp) sounds pretty damn good. Hell, its an RL. C'mon. ...Completley ok without a reissue.

19. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Anyone care to share what those 11-21 bonus tracks are?

20. 762rob

762rob Forum Resident

I'll bet it sounds good on that beautiful TT there!

Fullbug likes this.
  21. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

offED:

and to think i only got this title back-in-the-day for the 1st half of the cover i saw!
    [being a Westerner/going from LF too RT]
    "Don't Let Me Down Again" being my fave track at the time; butt now it's just "Let Me Down Again" as far as this title goes on being released on ceedee after all these yrs.

EDitEDbyED:
    wonder if AF & Steve could just release a 200 gram one sidED 45 RPM 12" single of "DLMDA"???
    W/this as the cover:
    http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014/06/never-before-seen-buckingham-nicks.html

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  22. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

Over the years, somehow I ended up with 2 of these. They show up on eBay every now and then. The one only has 3 bonus tracks from what I remember, but the other one has a bunch more.

23. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Don't know. It seems to me that anyone that wants it has already obtained an unofficial version. IMO, they missed the boat years ago on releasing this one and selling a bunch of copies. There are too many unofficial needledrops, etc. that have been widely circulated.

24. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

11 Crying In The Night (Single Version) 03:00
    12 Don't Let Me Down Again (Mono Single Edit) 03:31
    13 Sorcerer 04:45
    14 Garbo 03:16
    15 Cathouse Blues 01:42
    16 That's Alright 03:12
    17 Candlebright (aka Nomad) 02:12
    18 Without You 03:40
    19 Lola My Love (Live) 04:20
    20 Races Are Run (Live) 04:39