"Buckingham Nicks"--When, If Ever?....*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsrstereo, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Click repair is fantastic. But, you should start out with the cleanest record possible. I also use the tools in Audition and RX. After that, it's all about sitting there deleting clicks manually. I did one for six months!

limoges and c-eling like this.
  2. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

I bought this LP for about $12 in VG+ to M- condition. I did a needle drop and I'm set. I like the album and am glad I bought it. Their best days were ahead of them, but this is definently a good precursor to what was to come.

3. Sorry about that. You're right, it's not on the Buckingham Nicks album, however, they did originally record this track around that time (1972/73). Whether it was originally intended for the Buckingham Nicks album or not, I just don't know. I have the original Buckingham Nicks version, as it's on the bootleg Deluxe Edition of the album, and I prefer it to the new 2013 version with Fleetwood Mac.

4. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Perhaps sadly, we are probably all more interested in the minutia of their formation than they are. They were too busy living it.

5. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Yes Andrew, Ledin and I are familiar with that version.

6. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Thanks. I wish I knew how to get them a copy.

7. DLedin

DLedin Forum Resident

I hear it's pretty good.:agree:

8. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Heh, very true.

9. :nyah:

10. I bet you have.

11. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Did you send them one?

(BTW, don't ever change your avatar.)

12. No, but I figured if you don't know where to get a copy then we are living in the Bizarro world.

I have tried changing my avatar before but I always have to bring it back due to popular demand.

13. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

What I mean is I wish I knew how to get a copy to Lindsey and Stevie.

14. Aha! I gotcha.

15. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

I bought an original vinyl copy of this just to hear it. While I wasn't sure what to expect I think that it is a good album. I think the songs are good, it's well recorded and the musicians are in good form. I would recommend it to anyone who likes B & N era Fleetwood Mac. While I wouldn't say that I like it more than Fleetwood Mac or Rumors it isn't far behind. For most people who only know FM's music with B & N I would actually recommend it before the Peter Green stuff. I have played the early FM albums for some friends and they didn't like it, they were only used to Rumors.

I am surprised to hear that Lindsey Buckingham is indifferent or even against reissuing this album. It's definitely not what I would call a "failed experiment" or embarrassment that should be buried.

Scott

Gems-A-Bems and ben_wood like this.
  16. Markarrow

Markarrow Forum Resident

The site Fleetwood Mac News (http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/) listed this latest tweet from Lotus Mastering:

"Lotus Mastering @lotusmastering
    Completed an analog archive of Stevie & Lindsey "Buckingham Nicks" (1973) for Polydor Records. pic.twitter.com/4xmx3vRDA4

2:11 PM - 18 Sep 2013"
    The site had this observation:

"Lotus Mastering tweeted and posted to their Facebook page the following photo and message.... After which they made note on Facebook that they were "just preserving the goods, at this point." This may just very well be the beginning of getting this bad boy finally ready for re-release! At least that's how I want to view this."

Your predictions ladies and gentlemen? First quarter next year...? Limbo for eternity...?

It would be nice to get this out so we can start bugging folks for a double CD of Lindsey Buckingham demos and hits from Warner Bros....

Attached Files:

noahjld and ben_wood like this.
  17. I would've thought that making a high resolution digital archive of the Buckingham Nicks tapes would've been more sensible, or at least do both.

18. Luxury_Liner

Luxury_Liner Senior Member

"Completed for Polydor Records" the tweet says... and yet there's a sticker thingy with the Warner symbol on the bottom right corner of each tape box. :)

19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Maybe the tapes were being stored in Warner's vault.

20. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Send those tapes directly to Stephen Marsh Mastering and give them the Steve Hoffman treatment! Once Lindsey and Stevie hear the end results, they will have to give in and finally release this again!

Of course, you would think, that if Stevie or Lindsey have heard Steve's past work on those Fleetwood Mac albums, they would have sent those tapes to him, instead of these Lotus Mastering folks?

21. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I'm happy with my needle drop as well

22. Bob M

Bob M Well-Known Member

I love the album and want the CD to come out. The last I read is that B and N have the rights and have had a number of aborted plans to reissue. It is the most requested CD reissue since CDs were pups, according to a number of polls I've seen, if they have any merit. In any case, I think there are legions of fans out there that would jump on this one. As was stated before, if you dig Fleetwood Mac and Rumours, you HAVE to like this one.

Grant likes this.
  23. Agreed. Not sure why they would make an analog safety at this point in time.

24. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

A friend had the LP when it came out and I remember being impressed but you have to wonder, if after all this time, that B&N are just messing with us because they can!!
    In the mean time go buy the deluxe edition of Then Play On, it's sublime.
    Regards, Trevor.

Markarrow likes this.
  25. A transfer done with little publicity and zero mention of bonus tracks, never mind whether the results are to be mastered for release? Either B&N are rushing out this long-demaded album to please fans who see it as more than a footnote title within their back catalogue or because they fear the physical market being on its very last legs... do they honestly think a "no frills" issue will beat some of the better expanded bootlegs out there? On the other hand, I'd be absolutely gutted if this ends up being download only or digital backups made just for the sake of preservation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.