Buffalo Springfield Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MagicAlex, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus Thread Starter

I searched and came up with a few hits but nothing definitive. What's the verdict on the Buffalo Springfield boxset by Rhino? Looks to be very interesting. It's HDCD encoded...Young must have had some say in this, I'm sure.

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I like it. It almost puts everything into a neat set. With the exception of the looong version of "Bluebird". The sound is pretty good to real good, but then I don't think some of the masters were that good anyway! But the price is right and it has a real neat book with it.

3. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

I like it too. Wonder why Down to the Wire which was on Decade didn't make the box. Maybe Neil is saving it for that long awaited box of his own career.

Love the mono mix of For What It's Worth. Even though you get this and many more twice! Steve H has always preferred it in mono. Now I know why.

Brian

:)

4. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I too like this one. However I could have easily done without the same versions of the same songs on more than once and would have appreciated the long Bluebird but I understand the band hates it and doesn't think it should have been released in the first place.

5. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Anyone know why "Are You Passionate?" is not in HDCD. Does Neil (like the rest of us) not like the people he sold HDCD to (re: Microsoft)?

6. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

Is the sound any better than on the CD of the first album from a few years back which contained both the stereo and mono versions of the album?

7. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I never heard that one, but I figured that since they were both HDCD, that they were the same mastering. And by the way, some of the demo stuff sounds real open , alive, and clean!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.