Cancelled TV shows you think could still produce fresh episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Cubby, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

[​IMG]

2. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I can't think of any reason HBO couldn't resurrect 'Bunheads' and remake it with more sex 'n' nudity 'n' dragons.

Then maybe if Krysten Ritter's new show doesn't work out they could do the same with 'Don't Trust The B-'

3. Nonhuman

Nonhuman Forum Resident

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Ooo, ooo, ooo, I thought of another one, no, not It's About Time, but The Middleman. That show really rocked - a weekly dose if Men In Black screwball fun!

5. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

I think Netflix should keep this series alive by picking it up for new episodes. But, I did find the following on Wikipedia: "However, Warner Horizon Television is shopping it to other networks", so hopefully, Longmire will get picked up by somebody. It's too good not to.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    fitzysbuna likes this.
  6. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

'Ultraviolet', an alternative to Buffy's vampire world.

7. music4life

music4life Senior Member

A couple of people mentioned "Flash Foward" and I couldnt agree more. In fact I have it on DVD and watched the whole thing again a couple of weeks ago.

8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I was a fan of that one as well. It was the only wannabe-Lost show I've seen that I actually felt was any good and deserved to continue.

9. music4life

music4life Senior Member

ABC really dropped the ball on that one. They kept scheduling in different time slots, different days and the total nail in the coffin was taking it off the schedule for 4 months or so.

10. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Southland
    Men Of A Certain Age
    The Unit

11. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I remember watching a few episodes of that one. I kind of figured That 70s Show would just become That 80s show once they got to that decade.

12. shoestring

shoestring Well-Known Member

Law & Order - I'd really like to see the original one brought back, though no one could replace Jerry Orbach (as Lenny Briscoe - none of the people that followed him did a great job in my book), but they could at least bring Sam Waterston back and perhaps find a new cast?

ben_wood likes this.
  13. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Best comedy ever

sunspot42 likes this.
  14. TMRY

TMRY Forum Resident

fitzysbuna likes this.
  15. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

Maybe the 1991 revival of "Dark Shadows". It started off well in the ratings but got pre empted with the Gulf War. They were doing the "Barnabbas arrives/Victoria in 1790" storyline from the original series with a few changes so you don't have to write much. With all the vampire shows now, you figure somebody would try another reboot...maybe get Angelique to cast a spell so people forget the horrible Tim Burton film.

16. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Copper--this BBC produced TV show last only two seasons, and I thought they were killer.

17. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Terriers

JL6161 likes this.
  18. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Wow 6 pages and no mention of Jericho - great show. Of course Deadwood, Carnival, MS3K, Firefly, Terminator (Sarah C)

19. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

20. Steve Litos

Steve Litos Senior Member

I think they could have "wrapped it up" in a satisfactory way if given a second half of the last season. I was looking forward to George Hamilton as Ned's father.

21. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Southland
    Deadwood
    Rome
    Justified (after the final season starting in January) I will miss this one the most.

22. Duckman

T'mershi Duween likes this.
  23. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

Regarding the original Star Trek: I was watching the Deep Space Nine episode Trials and Tribbulations recently,where the crew of Deep Space Nine go back in time to the original series episode The Trouble With Tribbles. I loved the idea of new actors interacting with the original series actors like William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy in their prime. I would love to see something like that happen with Star Trek: The Animated Series redone as a live action series. Take the original voice work and dub it with the images of the original cast doing all new adventures. Combine that with the computer game episodes from the 90s and we would have the 4th and 5th year of the original Star Trek. That is what I would like to see for the 50th anniversary in 2016. I wonder if this is technologically possible at this time? It seems like that is the direction we are heading in and that it is only a matter of time.

24. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Although I highly doubt that we'll ever see it again, but I can't help but smile that a few folks in this thread are like me and miss "Men Of A Certain Age".

Christ, of all the TV shows that ever went right for the viewers "age group" so perfectly, only to be cancelled when they were just getting their "footing", made me sick.

I'm also on board with "Parenthood". I realize that this show must cost a fortune to produce, with all of it's characters, plus the cost of using that theme song by Dylan, but, there is just "something" about this show, where you just want it somehow go on forever, so we can watch everyone grow old, like in real life. These characters have become "family" to me and I'm sure to thousands of others as well and I will miss them, even though I know that they are as dysfunctional as everybody else's families are.

rburly likes this.
  25. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Southland
    Babylon 5
    Longmire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.