Candle in the Wind question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend Thread Starter

OK guys, I need your help.

Apparently there are about 3 different "good" sounding versions of this song out there on CD.

Those would be:

1. On the Steve-mastered CD "Your Songs". This one was transfered by Steve in '85 flat from the US MCA safety copies.

2. On the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" MFSL (Ultradisc 1 :)). Steve has said this whole album sounds like the mastertape.

3. On the "Elton John Greatest Hits" DCC Steve-mastered version.

Now I only have versions 1 & 2, #3 is on its way to me next week. So, I'm curious as to what most of you guys think is the "best" version out there.

My comparisions to the "Your Songs" version and the "GBYBR" version lean my preferences to the MFSL. Although Steve's sounds great, the MFSL sounds a little more open with the vocals and more bass. This could be a result of some slight EQ (?).

Let me have it, guys! Steve, any comments on similarities or differences would be appreciated.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'd say the DCC Gold Greatest Hits...

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Sounds right, but wouldn't it be funny if Steve chimed in that the MFSL was the best of the three:laugh:

'Course he wouldn't do that....would he?:D :eek:

ED:cool:

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Except for the level changes (the DCC is louder) the MoFi and DCC should pretty much match, sonically.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.