CD Shops in Mississauga

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by dcscott, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcscott

dcscott Go have another cheeseburger, Randy Thread Starter

At the end of the Month, I will be taking a course in Mississauga. Could any of you from the Toronto area guide me to few good CD shops in Mississauga. Thanks

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Come to Toronto. ;)

I don't know of any. Mississauga is a big place but I don't know of any CD shops. There may be some in the malls... are you looking for new? Used?

3. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Only ones I know are the big ones. BestBuy and Futureshop. And of course, the malls have the HMV's and Sunrise's. But as far as little indie shops......you'd probably have to go to the south end, Port Credit or places like that. Most of Mississauga is big box stores

4. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

I know the skinny on the downtown places, but you may have to have your brain erased. You can get in touch with me via pm and I'll tell ya where to go.

5. Brian J

Brian J Forum Resident

The only used shop in Mississauga I'm aware of is Ric's recollections. Being a vinyl guy i never really looked at his CDs. His LPs were over priced and over graded. Saw they were having a sale early in the new year and the business may have been trouble, as per the word on street.

Call first before making a trip.

321 Lakeshore, 905 8911523, Mon-Sat 10-5

Good luck, Brian.

6. dcscott

dcscott Go have another cheeseburger, Randy Thread Starter

Gary, I will going downtown Toronto to visit a friend. Could you direct me to some good used or new CD shops. Thanks

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Contact Syd! He used to live along Queen Street!

It's been a while since I've visited Black Planet, etc. I'd hate to recommend anything and find out they closed up shop, like the nifty one that closed which used to be near CITY TV that used to have all sorts of imports!

Careful - they'll tow ya away if you park on a street between 4 & 6 - or 4 & 7 in some places. You gots to feed the parking meter up to 9:00PM, too.

There are two at Yonge & Eglinton - Vortex (you have to walk upstairs) and Edwards (street level). Both are on Yonge, above Eglinton in the first block. Parking lot - follow the green "P".

Tell Bert that "Gary" sez "Hi!" :D

Naw - don't do that!

Enjoy!

8. thenexte

thenexte Forum Resident

No idea, but they opened a Krispy Cream donuts store a couple of years ago in Toronto and it was all the rage...
    -wolf

9. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I think that's died down recently. You can even find KK's in Loblaws these days (a grocery store).

10. Muddy Holly

Muddy Holly Senior Member

On Yonge, below Eglington, east side of the street, Back Beat Records. Haven't been there in a couple of years but they know their stuff. New and used.

11. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I heard they have some nifty vinyl there!

12. Muddy Holly

Muddy Holly Senior Member

Yes, Gary. Vinyl and CDs. They've been around for years (originally on Dundas) - roots, jazz, blues, soul, etc.
    Edward's also has an affiliate store on Yonge, south of Bloor, west side of the street called CD Replay. I went to Edward's looking for the Marvin Gaye Deluxe What's Goin' On set and they referred me to their "Yonge and Bloor" store without telling me the name change... The price there was $6 higher but they gave it to me for the Edward's price no problem (which was $16 cheaper than HMV!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.