Classic MTV Returns!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mr_mjb1960, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

This is so frustrating. They talked about how they were digitizing old MTV shows and concerts for this channel. The put on the first few Road Rules and Real Worlds which had Twitter buzz and then stopped after a couple of months. Played a handful of Unpluggeds and then nothing.
    Replay old Headbangers Ball, Remote Control, MTV Concerts, etc. Have a VMA marathon!!! So much lost opportunity. Why did they even bother to re-brand?
    They did it so 1/4 half *****. There is such a wealth of stuff from this channel for the first 20 years. Who was in charge of this?

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I'm guessing that they think that running what they're running now would draw in more viewers than running old specialty programing that many of us (as in us here in the forum) want to see.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. bartels76

Clearly that wasn't the case. Everyone has YouTube so they needed to use their old content and shows to fill out their programming. They didn't give it time to catch.

4. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Just another case of the people currently running that network are either too young or were not even born yet to understand what the first decade or so of MTV programming was all about.

5. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

One thing I enjoy about MTV2 is how they play music from a variety of genres and artists. For example, the country music networks such as CMT and GAC only seem to be playing rowdy modern country and bro country, so it's nice to hear some classic country artists being represented on MTV2.

From 1987, Holly Dunn's music video for 'Strangers Again'

6. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Doesn't sound like I'm going to get my Liquid Television box set anytime soon....

7. AKA

AKA Senior Member

MTV2 doesn’t play music videos anymore. It’s just movies and off-network reruns.

8. bartels76

They could've done a marathon of all the old complete VMA's on MTV Classic. How cool would've that been?? Nope.

I wonder if they are even moving their archives over digitally so they can access their archives. If they are they aren't bothering sharing any of what they have done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.