Cliff Richard - Back from the Wilderness Singles and Albums 1975 - 1995

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jarleboy, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Forum Resident

I wouldn't want to put you to so much trouble. I don't know if the CDs have the lyrics included. If they do, I can use google translate. I don't think he comes across as overly pretentious here. Maybe it's the language difference. He barely spoke when I saw him solo in concert a few years ago at Manchester Bridgewater Hall. (Cliff's new DVD out next month filmed there), and at A-ha concerts, most of the talk is done by Magne.

Jarleboy and mark ab like this.
  2. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love Thread Starter

And even more ironic: Given the reasons they changed their name from The Drifters to The Shadows... Who were Bobby Vee´s band at the time. Go figure! :shh:

mark ab likes this.
  3. Jarleboy

No trouble. Google Translate works, but it does have problems with syntax and sometimes even simple words. Let me know if I can help - I do want to. :agree:

Magne is probably the one who speaks English the best of them. He was once a guest on "Never Mind the Buzzcocks", and did quite well. He´s probably the one with the least developed ego of the three members of a-ha. They seem like nice guys, but I hear they can be pretty difficult to deal with. (Ask Alan Tarney or John Barry. Oops, too late for the last one. But he did make his feelings quite clear before he departed this mortal coil.) I don´t know what they´re really like, and in a way it´s freeing not to think about such matters too much. I try to separate the way I feel about the music from the way I feel about the artist. I generally think people are nice until they have proven otherwise. I´d rather be disappointed once in a while than to be a constant cynic. (That doesn´t mean I don´t understand that we all have a dark side; that we all do and think things we shouldn´t. Everyone over the age of 18 should know that. :agree:)

Do you know whether it´ll be just a DVD or is there a Blu-ray planned? They did Blu-rays for the final reunion tour with The Shadows, the "BOLD AS BRASS" concert, the "STILL REELIN´ AND ROCKIN´" and "THE 75TH BIRTHDAY CONCERT". However, the "SOULICIOUS" tour was released just as a DVD, so I´m taking nothing for granted.

CheshireCat and mark ab like this.
  4. mark ab

mark ab Forum Resident

There were links to HMV and Amazon from Cliff's Twitter account on the post announcing the DVD and neither site gives a Bluray option so I think it'll just be DVD.
    On Amazon the pre-order is already number 1 in the Music Video & Concert category.

Mike S, CheshireCat and Jarleboy like this.
  5. Jarleboy

Thank you, Mark. Quick as ever! :righton:

6. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Forum Resident

I'm hoping a Bluray might yet be added. I expect the DVD price of £19.99 will drop substantially (probably to half the current price).

mark ab and Jarleboy like this.
  7. Jarleboy

I hope so, too. I saw the price on Amazon, and decided to wait a while before ordering. With "THE 75TH BIRTHDAY CONCERT", the Blu-ray was announced and released after the DVD had been around for quite a while. I double-dipped, and I don´t intend to do that again.

As mentioned before, I have an extra copy of the 2009 reunion Blu-ray starring Cliff & The Shadows, and I also have the now redundant DVD of "THE 75TH BIRTHDAY CONCERT". If anyone missed these beauties when they were first released, you can have them for the price of the shipping. I don´t need two copies of everything Cliff releases. :righton: So why do I keep buying compilation CDs? Hm... :shh:

Mike S, mark ab and CheshireCat like this.
  8. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

And what band name Vee's backing band changed to, would later be the name of the backing band for Merle Haggard. Yeesh!

Jarleboy and mark ab like this.
  9. Jarleboy

"What a tangled web we weave, when we practise to ..." change names? :winkgrin:

mark ab likes this.
  10. Chris Lane

Chris Lane Forum Resident

Well I hope you don't push your way in again to the party! :D :D

Mike, You are in great hands with Tim going, he's very knowledgeable. However, failing that, I'll be there as well.

Look out Tim! I'll be watching you! :wave:

Just in case you miss me, I'm at the back, singing and dancing away :pineapple:

See you all soon and a little write up too.

Cheers,

Chris

11. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper Forum Resident

Well Chris, you have a good memory!
    My "historic" (for me anyway!) backstage party gatecrash must be 30 years ago now. Wouldn't be able to get away with it now.
    Lucky enough to have row F tickets, which hopefully means 6th row.
    Don't study me too much Chris, at my age my dancing is not always to the beat!
    Sorry to hog this page admin, Chris, I will be in the foyer/bar area before the show, come and say hi.
    I've lent my brother one of my Cliff t-shirts and jackets, so along with you Chris there will be now 3 guys in Cliff jackets & t-shirts at the concert!

Chris Lane, mark ab, Jarleboy and 2 others like this.
  12. Mike S

Mike S Forum Resident

Hi Chris, with three of us from this thread going to Bournemouth tomorrow night we'll be able to compare notes.

Should be a great evening - have fun!

13. Tim Cooper

Well Mike, you come and say Hi too.

We could call it a "Jarleboy" get-together!

Chris Lane, Mike S, mark ab and 2 others like this.
  14. Jarleboy

Please do... :righton: Very ´umbly, Jarleboy

Chris Lane, Mike S, mark ab and 2 others like this.
  15. Mike S

Mike S Forum Resident

Thanks very much for the invite, Tim. If I manage to park in time to have a drink beforehand, I'll look out for you - I've seen your picture earlier in the thread.

I like the idea of the tribute to Jarleboy... if only he could be there himself.

16. Jarleboy

I´ll be there in spirit, chaps! :righton:

17. Mike S

Mike S Forum Resident

Did it live up to your expectations? Interested to hear your view as this venue would have been my first choice.

Jarleboy, mark ab and CheshireCat like this.
  18. Chris Lane

I shall be wearing my '59 t-shirt with the 50th jacket or could be " I met Cliff - Rockin' in 2013 at Powderham tour"

19. Tim Cooper

And didn't you almost get name - checked by Cliff during the show, surely that can only happen once?!
    And a '59 t-shirt too, well you beat me their Chris, my oldest Cliff t-shirt is a "Green Light" one, from 1978, and I hasten to add doesn't fit me anymore!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    CheshireCat, Jarleboy and mark ab like this.
  20. Jarleboy

Wow! Sorry to barge in, but do you have a picture of the "GREEN LIGHT" t-shirt? I wish they would make some based on the "GREEN LIGHT" cover art - even now. I know, it won´t happen, but I think it´s one of his best covers. I don´t know if your t-shirt features the album cover art, but I´d love to see what it looks like.

21. StephenB

StephenB Forum Resident

Queen
    Elton john
    Johnny Cash
    Elvis
    Rod Stewart
    Bon Jovi
    Extreme
    Rolling Stones
    Willie Nelson
    Chas n Dave
    Kris Kristofferson
    Everly Brothers
    Alice Cooper
    Status Quo
    Billy Joel
    Carrie Underwood
    Miranda Lambert
    And loads more besides!

mark ab, CheshireCat and Jarleboy like this.
  22. Jarleboy

An inteersting list! I certainly should have mentioned Queen - one of my favourite bands. Kris Kristofferson is alos a firm favourite. Great songwriter. I find myself agreeing with most of your choices. A bit surprised to see Chas´n´Dave on there. I think they are great fun, but I don´t think I would have remembered them for such a list. Well done, Stephen! :agree: We are a diverse lot here on the thread.

mark ab and CheshireCat like this.
  23. StephenB

StephenB Forum Resident

I only mentioned them because Ihave been listening to them in the car lately!

CheshireCat, Jarleboy and mark ab like this.
  24. Jarleboy

That´s as good a reason as any! :righton: So much good music...

StephenB and mark ab like this.
  25. Chris Lane

Waking up to another sunny day in Devon. We left home in good time (10.00) to get to the concert at Bournemouth.

While on our travels we have Radio Two on and the must do "Popmaster" with Ken Bruce. Normally to get one or two questions right is a bonus!
    However the one question was "In which Year" popped up. Two tracks named and I wasn't sure.... Then the last one was a Cliff one.... Three points there with no worries.
    Quite typically it started to rain as we all but left Devon.

We arrived early at Bournemouth, by which it was still raining. had something to eat and drink then proceeded to the venue.
    We arrived and was searched for iPad's etc. We met up with Tim of this parish and his family. To be honest, Tim, Tim's brother and myself were probably the only fella's there in the "Correct attire".

The stage was set with six drapes each with the 60 logo. The set had six raised squares of which the band were on. These squares were in line point to point, thus diamond shape.
    The Flyboys were on first. A four man vocal group. They took songs from Ricky Martin, Elton John, Michael Jackson and others, with the sounds of the thirties and forties.

Then came the time of the evening when the stage went dark.... the 60 logo on the drapes changed to '50's, '60's, '70's, '80's, '90's and '00's. as they flashed across it stopped on the '50's and with .....
    Heartbreak Hotel, Peggy Sue and Wake Up Little Susie, the later had the Buddy Holly guitar playing. Cliff explained without these influences he may have had to find something else to do instead.

The '60's opened with the greatest song of all time - Move It, it also included the new added second verse.
    Cliff was wearing his famous pink jacket. Living Doll and Love Me Do.

To be continued.................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.