Coming soon: Dan Fogelberg 'Live at Carnegie Hall 1979' (iTunes)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlf

jlf Forum Resident Thread Starter

"DAN FOGELBERG ~ LIVE AT CARNEGIE HALL

Coming soon to iTunes. Recorded live at Carnegie Hall in 1979.
    We don't have a release date yet, you'll be the first to know when we do!"

No word yet about a physical release (so we can't assume there won't be one, right? ;) I hope...)

Source: www.danfogelberg.com/livecarnegiehall.html (sample included on the site)

2. bob chabot

bob chabot chab

very exciting! been wondering and waiting on this one. i have an audience boot of this show. sound is pretty bad (though not for an audience recording from the time), but the performance is wonderful!

Volt-and-Volume likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

From Facebook...

" At long last, the recording of Dan’s stellar 1979 solo performance at Carnegie Hall is ready for production! You’ll hear every minute of the concert, including Dan’s banter with the audience between songs. That, combined with Bob Ludwig’s digital sound enhancements, will make you feel like you are there.

Dan Fogelberg ~ Live At Carnegie Hall will be available as a download and as a double CD package. If you are going to order the CD package, please go to http://thelivinglegacy.net/CHCD_exported/form.html and let us know. We aren’t taking names or orders, just getting an idea of how many to press. Please let us know by Sunday March 5th.

Ever on... "

Dan Fogelberg

jlf, bob chabot and Volt-and-Volume like this.
  4. Myke

5. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

6. Myke

God, I am so looking forward to this !!! This was my favorite period, we lost touch (musically) after Phoenix, but 1972-1979, he was in constant rotation on the turntable. Especially on a sunny Sunday morning, sitting on my second floor balcony, that overlooked nothing but wide, open land, with cows.
    These samples have got me all hyper again, when I'm supposed to be letting the Zzzquil kick in.

timw likes this.
  7. There should be a link to cd preorders on his web site in the next few days.Also worth reading his widow's story of getting this mastered and released which is also linked.

8. bob chabot

bob chabot chab

cd link is up!

9. Myke

10. Myke

11. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Amazon CA has shipped my CD:cheers:

12. Myke

So you're not letting the dents, or missing credits stop you either, eh ? Listening to mine now...so nice to have unheard Danny, from my favorite era.

13. bob chabot

bob chabot chab

i am listening to it now... with dents.

14. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

Song From Half Mountain was always a favorite.

15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the 'dents' show it was the original pressing, and as for missing credits.......the only credit is dan fogelberg, no one else plays on the entire thing.

16. Myke

Dan's widow, Jean wanted credits for the sound engineer that recorded it completely on his own, after Dan said not to record it, John Logan. The other credit was for a Dennis Fite. She doesn't say what his role was, but she wanted a Special Thanks credit for both men.

17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

got it, i thought that's what you were referring to.

18. Kris Y

Kris Y Active Member

Jean Fogelberg's account on the website says that Dennis Fite mixed Dan's monitors on that tour. He emailed her to give her some details after he saw that she was releasing the CD.

19. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

In my humblest opinion, this concert is maybe from the Chicago concert, 10th April 1979. This concert shares the same setlist with Chicago. Before Once Upon a Time, Fogelberg says that it's great to get back in Chicago. This recording comes from a DAT tape and there're no original recordings left for comparing the concerts and the setlists. Just an educated guess and some doubts.Lady Fogelberg writes that she has searched and not found the original tapes. I haven't listened to the all discs yet. I don't know if there's also a reference to Carnegie Hall somewhere in the recording . Carnegie Hall said that they didn't use to record concerts from the PA. Did anyone else notice the reference to Chicago? I don't speak fluently English.

20. Kris Y

Kris Y Active Member

Dan was kidding about Chicago. He mentions that he is at Carnegie Hall later in the performance.

Heart of Gold likes this.
  21. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Listened to some of this the other day on Spotify. I think the tape speed is a bit off (slow). On the positive side, I like hearing "Netherlands" without the orchestra.

22. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

23. Myke

This is from the thread I linked above in Post # 10, it addresses the confusion I believe : Dan Fogelberg: Unreleased studio recordings, live performances (+ possible deluxe editions)?

ivan_wemple and Record Rotator like this.
  24. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Myke likes this.
  25. Myke

I've got a first, and it was one of those things that stuck to my brain. Happy to help !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.