Compressed CDs: a simple solution

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

There was no hit version...it wasn't a single. While not as common as the stereo issue, plenty of kids played that. What's sicker than screwing your mom? In 1967, no less.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Need I clarify? I was making a point..Not being a "Hit". Your grasping...digging for a few examples of yesterday is no comparison. Sad.

3. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

I thought this was the comparison. Can you recall any contemporary recordings making references to screwing your mom? The mono version of the Doors' debut LP came out of many bedrooms.

4. Michael

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm speechless...

5. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

6. Michael

My hand is raised a few fingers are lowered...Go listen to some Snoop... Report back all the family values...
    :laugh:

7. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Gentlemen,

Let's keep it civil and respectful please.

Thanks!

Bob

8. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

How is it sad?

By your argument, many of the "hit" songs today are pretty tame. Radio almost always plays "cleaned up" versions. A lot of places sell these versions. I guess few people hear the "bad" versions then, right?

9. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

I'm still not seeing how "sad" fits into this. I didn't have to be there to hear the mono mix...and certainly don't have to in order to understand how controversial those lyrics would've been within the context of 1967, or 2002 for that matter.

10. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

You touched on a good point Bob. Respect.

The subject matter and attitudes are the same, but respect today has gone out the window. I don't think a lot of artists today respect fans or people in general. They are more interested in making a buck. And if the use of profanity will sell more "music", that's what they will do.

I think Jim Morrison and Mick Jagger had an attitude and intended to "shock" people, yet they could write some wonderful romantic and sensitive lyrics, and melodies to go with them. For every "Brown Sugar" or "The End", there was a "Lady Jane" or "Touch Me".

To me, that shows respect to your audience. And that's the big difference between today and yesterday.

11. Michael

Nicely put Dave.:)

12. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Of course, Lady Jane is right between Stupid Girl and Under My Thumb. Not exactly "respectful" of the female audience, I'd say...:p

13. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

I think artists will do what society allows them to do. Today's society is far more accepting than in the past.

14. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

Well that blows my theory all to hell...

Of course, those "girls" may not have had any self-respect either!

I wish society would allow talent :laugh:

15. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Let's get this thread back on topic about COMPRESSION! If you want to continue this discussion of offensive lyrics, start another thread in the OFF-topic forum.

THE THREAD STARTER

16. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Grant,

Very good idea...

Bob:)

17. Michael

Grant, I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.