Conan: What's Next?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Wasn't NBC at one point going to push out Leno in 1993 and offer Letterman the job after all? And Dave said no? Am I imagining that?

2. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

Yeah, they told Letterman that if he'd stay at NBC he could have the job in a year, but that was just NBC hoping to keep Dave around in case Jay flopped...in reality, they were more than willing to pay a big penalty to Dave so Leno could have a year head start on him.

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Leno is for the most part a bad interviewer, but this week he asked Arnold Sshwartzenegger On his book tour that had my jaw on the floor.

"I watched all your interviews this and never anyone ask this, how would YOU fell if Maria told you one of your kids was fathered by someone else?"

Leno also pressed a bit on being a republican which Arnold gave very limited answers.

4. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

But he also gave Ahnold the good old Hugh Grant re-tread, "What the hell were you thinking?!"

5. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

For the first time in a long time I caught Conan's show for a few minutes last night while channel surfing. His face looked even more odd than usual. Has he had plastic surgery? His face looked like it was turning into a shrunken apple. The bad makeup job didn't help things. He should grow the beard back - it was a big improvement.

6. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

His three other viewers agree with you.

Jeff

Vidiot likes this.
  7. telliott

telliott Senior Member

Have his ratings dropped off that much? I haven't watched in a while but I prefer Conan to Letterman and Leno but I cut the cord (no cable TV), I keep forgetting to check out the episodes on the web. He does have a Roku channel through the Nowhere TV, and Plex apps though they don't show full episodes.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.