Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Be sure and get a screengrab of that before they change it...

forthlin and Jerry Horne like this.
  2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Heh! I just did!

mrjinks likes this.
  3. Jerry Horne

My fabric is #548.

4. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

I’ve just sent a message urging that this issue is looked into to ensure that any “spare” test pressings are safely retained pending further claims of missing discs.

If all the packages are sent out and some swine clears off with the “left overs” they’ve gone forever!!!

I hope this is a one-off mistake and that they find your discs and forward them on!

5. Just picked up the box at the PO. Packing is good not great. Extended edges to protect corners worked. Opened up for a quick inspection and all seems to be fine. I’ll look closer later when I’m home.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Jerry Horne

Thank you Jack. The TP was in a mailer that is designed to hold 1 or 2 discs. So, unless they meant to ship all 4 in those type of packages, then it seems they just changed their minds, decided a complete set was too kind, and made it a one lp deal.

Living in the material world.

7. I paid less to go to the actual show than for this box I think. :tiphat:

8. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

When I got Dhani’s In Parallel with test pressing I got only 1 of the 2 discs... they sold out obviously... however, test pressings are now available through his store at $99... perhaps the missing discs will resurface!?!

9. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes but you now have a piece of fabric.

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  10. Jerry Horne

:cussing:

Jack Lumber likes this.
  11. Beautiful set. No problems. Won’t be able to listen or watch for several days.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I'M DUMBFOUNDED BY THIS.
    I'm SO sorry. This goes far beyond delays, complaints, shipping mishaps etc. etc.
    It's one thing for me to "complain" and share in others frustrations about this site that bears the name "Harrison". A good company - dropping the ball a bit too much.
    But this???? Beyond amateurish and irresponsible. A handful of test pressing editions, not too much to keep track of now . . .
    I bet they "kept track" of the extra good money you and the dozen others paid for your edition!

Once again, I'm left with the abysmal proposition of buying more than one of something, not just to have a sealed backup copy, but so I can get my "replacement" secured with my original order.

I would PUSH HARD for what you paid for. Pressing more isn't an issue because your other 3 are lying around there somewhere! Unless the 3 are sitting in my sealed non-test pressing 2nd copy!!! It isn't like you are even asking for a REPLACEMENT. YOU HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED WHAT YOU PAID FOR!

vitorbastos123 and Jerry Horne like this.
  13. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

O.K. Mr. "Lucky" Mazzy, That tapestry cutting is BY FAR THE BEST FREAKING ONE I THINK WE WILL EVER SEE HERE!
    It looks like a SELF-CONTAINED centered work of art. I am convinced that who ever cut that one, did so on purpose for fun. I wouldn't trade this for a 0001 card.
    I would take this over the test pressing edition any day of the week. In fact, I like it so much, you need to trade me. It is the only right thing to do.

We should have a tapestry submission contest on here. The problem is - that you have already won. (Still might be fun).
    Mine is blobs of lines. Mine was cut from the protective painter floor covering they laid down when they were painting on the tapestry.

I know you have better things to do, but you just HAVE TO see if you can spot this in the video or photos.

14. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Mazzy, I just took a screen shot of your tapestry - given the fact that it is as close as I'll ever get to it.
    One could start a thread on your picture alone. It goes beyond defined lines with definition. I think George himself had fun "guiding" the scissors of the person who cut that one.

Now about that trade . . .

15. And I got #480

16. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Now you're really rubbing it in!

I'm half-way tempted to open my shipping and cellophane sealed second set to "see" what I got picture and number. Kind of a 'Cracker Jack" prize thing going on.

17. And I sat in row #9 for the actual show. :tiphat:

mrjinks likes this.
  18. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Grrrrr!!!!

I bet you pointed to Olivia what part of the tapestry that "caught yer eye" and they "reserved" it for you.

Mazzy likes this.
  19. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Sorry Jerry, that is absolutely ridiculous and incompetent.
    They have a bunch of con artist idiots packing and shipping things.
    I would definitely write the customer service today, and let them know now.
    Over three business days and no reply for me .. When the smack off who dropped mine, then proceeded to packed it and ship has 0 integrity as a person and employee. Probably the same bloke who pilfered your test pressing order. No one has yet mentioned inner sleeve seam splits, so the big drop evidently caused this situation as well.

I have a question I would like to ask our little gang here discussing these matters please... Did anyone else receive any small white mark blemishes, these production printing flaws on areas of the blue four LP covers ? My fourth cover is the worst of them... kindly let me know friends.

It's dumbfounding and bewildering for those of us facing all this.
    I will write a second email tomorrow, what do I have to lose. I'm so stressed that I have not yet played anything. I REALLY hope and pray there is no further problems with the LP's and other discs.

mrjinks and Jerry Horne like this.
  20. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I will check for the white marks (as well as split inner sleeves).

21. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Mazzy, I think your tapestry is a "bootleg" because it's not the "red" tapestry. Your's is mustard and grey blending too much in your box set. Well, you just can't have it all - after all, now can you? BTW, my color is GREEN - envy green.

22. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I count my blessings on my box. But I think that everyone who has had more than a bit of problems should sound off here.
    Perhaps some sort of "group" letter at a later date could be also forwarded to the Harrisons about just how many people have been experiencing problems.
    I think companies like to "act" like YOU are the ONLY one complaining and having problems.

23. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I'm surprised to not see these on eBay already - ya know for the customary sum of 950.00. Don't see any yet - except the one for pre-order from someone for 570.00 plus something like 80.00 shipping. With the delays, that seller withdrew his listing. Even the poor scalpers are getting frustrated with all of this.

24. I wrote earlier you got to @ and # everyone on social media with a photo and description of the problems. That’s how you connect with brands in 2018.

25. Jerry Horne

Bruce - Yes I have some white scuff marks on the cover of the first vinyl lp.

Reminds me of late last year when I ordered a numbered print from the David Gilmour store and the poster tube arrived...empty. I wonder if it's the same company?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.