Crate and Barrel Capitol Record LP Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by grsmnkey, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I'm looking at the Cart screen right now, and right next to the black "Checkout Now" button there is a green "Store Pickup" button, and selecting that brings up the closest stores and I can select mine and it will be there by 6/19. No extra fee and shipping is free for store pickup.

AdamChanSiuLung likes this.
  2. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

Based on the stamps on the covers/shrink looks like late 80s early 90s for most part>

sean

3. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I just selected "pickup in store" and wasn't charged anything extra other than sales tax.

AdamChanSiuLung likes this.
  4. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

Great, thanks for the replies! I placed an in store pickup for Pet Sounds. I already have Pepper, Revolver, The White Album, and Surfer Girl, all of which I picked up earlier elsewhere and for a lot more. I wish there was more that I wanted that was available, but whatever I'm not getting from this sale I can always use for other things.

5. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Thanks for this heads up. I bought 5 also in NYC: Merle Haggard-mama tried (slight warp but sounds great), Steve Miller-Fly Like an Eagle (guilty pleasure, not heavyweight vinyl), Blind Melon- (disaster as in the pressing looks like a mattress quilt, never seen anything like that before. Returned but had same issue but perhaps worse on the replacement.Besides the warps after the side plays the needle goes over the paper and makes a screetching noise. Guess I just need a refund), Beatles- White Album (record 1 has so much static it ruins Dear Prudence & other lighter songs. Cleaned record thoroughly & used anti-static gun but no help. Not sure if I should keep). Sgt Peppers Mono (the real score here. Perfect pressing, no surface noise)

6. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Ha! After all the talk lately about the Pepper mono LP being out of print, I hopefully set my sights on my wife picking up a copy for me at a relatively distant but still local B&N. Unfortunately, the shopping trip fell through, and I resigned myself to just never having this LP which I passed over in local stores dozens of times thinking it'd always be there. Then I was miserably scouring the internet for another copy sealed and under $30, when I lighted upon Crate & Barrel. Pepper. Mono. HALF-PRICE. $16 shipped. It arrived today and is one of the most perfect specimens of reissued LP in my collection. They shipped it in a box big enough for a microwave, carefully folded in bubble wrap. Now I'm REALLY bummed that they are getting out of the vinyl racket, this was ironically one of my best online LP purchases.

7. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

I'd read comments here and on Discogs about this pressing, sounds like it's an issue. The other Beatles reissues I picked up at C&B were really good - Revolver and Sgt Pepper.

Ray29 and lightbulb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.