Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Yeah. Not again!

fishcane likes this.
  2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm really enjoying the new season, just as much as the first, and I like that they're moving things along rather than being stuck in the same rut like most sitcoms.

I also think that the last ep was probably one of the best of the series. The song & dance for We Tapped That Ass All Over This House had me in hysterics! (which is rare for me) and the parting song Sh*tshow was just as good and very honest if you dig below the humor.

The reason for Fontana's departure is that right at the outset he only wanted a one season contract because he had other options to explore. At the end of the first season, the show didn't get picked up for season 2 for some time and in the interim, Fontana moved on with other projects.

So the showrunners knew he would be leaving and planned the season around it. The love triangle couldn't last and this was a perfect way for everyone to move on. I applaud them for the way it was handled.

I too am sad to see Fontana go, but there is no reason (if the show continues) why he couldn't come back in some capacity in the future.

3. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

Thread title is misleading. Never seen the show though.

4. Deesky

How is it misleading? That is literally what the show is called.

Dan C likes this.
  5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, this is in the video forum. If it were in off-topic, I could see confusion.

6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

My wife and I checked this out on Netflix last week, and liked it so much we binge-watched the whole first season. We're now catching up on season two via the CW channel on Roku.

This is such a well-written and clever show, and I love the musical bits. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is what Galavant could have been if it had been more clever.

Rachel Bloom deserves huge kudos for helming, writing and acting in this series. I love it.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  7. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Rachael Bloom is pretty.

8. Deesky

...amazing talent.

9. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Absolutely brilliant show. We sort of binge watched Season 1 on Hulu during the summer, and are slowly getting into Season 2 now (having a 2-year old doesn't give us much TV time). Had to buy it on Amazon to stream since the podunk network it's on is carried on a sub-SD subcarrier here that's barely VHS quality.

Worth the money, every episode is a minor miracle.

dan c

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Any fan of Rachel Bloom needs to see this:

ziggytvs, Ignatius and Dan C like this.
  11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Some of us read the forum based on "New Posts" and don't notice the "source subforums" involved.

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was about some guy's dating experiences, not a TV show.

Probably be clearer if the thread placed the show title in quotes - or just said "'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' TV Show"... :shrug:

12. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

OH. Yeah, not what I was expecting from the thread title either! (I guess I was thinking of the "off topic" forum :p)

13. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Season 2:
    I miss Greg. :shake:

14. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

15. joefont

joefont Senior Member

Just discovered this show. It amuses me so I'll keep watching!

16. joefont

joefont Senior Member

That is one funny musical bit! Lyrics aside, I could see Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly doing a number like this! I posted this vid in another thread but it's worth a repost.

Dan C likes this.
  17. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Me too big time. I was hoping this was a temporary plot device but it seems like he's for real off the show. :thumbsdow

dan c

18. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

"Please not on my chest. No, You'll scratch it!"
    Omg that's brilliant. :laughup::laughup: Can't wait for the rest of the season.

dan c

19. Deesky

Nice double ep, with a change that will certainly shake things up.

Yes, he's off the show to pursue other projects (he only ever wanted to do one season, which was known up-front by the producers).

However, that does not necessarily mean he can't come back at a future date. And there will be a future because the show has just been picked up for another season. Great news!

Dan C likes this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's for real. Lots of interviews with the actor post plot turn.

21. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I gotta be honest. I expected to read some gossip about the OP's crazy ex-girlfriend.

t-man 54 and sirmikael like this.
  22. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

Same here, and I was all ready for a great read. Way to disappoint, OP! :)

t-man 54 and Vinyl Addict like this.
  23. Deesky

Well, if you feel disappointed, you should give the show a try - it will put a smile on your face. :)

sirmikael likes this.
  24. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Love this show and the sometimes demented songs! Such a hugely talented cast. Pleasantly shocked and surprised and delighted that the CW has renewed the show for another season!

25. Deesky

Me too. It hasn't been getting great ratings on CW, but it is a critically acclaimed award winner and is considered to be a 'premium' property by the network heads.

Also, the show airs on Netflix world wide the next day and a week after the season finale, the whole season goes up on Netflix (US). I read that there was a US based map of favorite Netflix shows broken down by state. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was the most popular Netflix show in California, New York, Washington State and Massachusetts. Seems like a heck of a lot of people are watching it - on Netflix! I'm sure that was also a factor in its renewal.

Dan C and pghmusiclover like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.