Creedence Clearwater Revival "Absolute Originals"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 16/44.1, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16/44.1

16/44.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

About Creedence Clearwater Revival "Absolute Originals" Analogue Productions vinylbox.
    In the set there you can find also a bonus 45.
    Is there a change there will be a digital version in the future?
    Or better, is it allready available?

2. 16/44.1

Also known as: The CCR Box Set "Absolute Originals".

3. 16/44.1

4. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

There is a digital version of the box (SACD) still available at retail, I believe. However, as I recall, it does not have a copy of the extra disk with the wide stereo mixes. That is only available with the vinyl sets (both the 33-1/3 and the 45 rpm sets).

If you want the SACD's, then I recall that it's cheaper to just buy them individually.

5. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

What exactly were the extra wide stereo tracks?

JF

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Stinkers. Don't bother.

7. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Get the DCC cds. That's all you'll need.

8. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

TRUE! :) Though the S?T debut & Mardi Gras weren't part of that. But the AP SACD's of all 7 studio albums are worth having too. Too bad Steve didn't master "The Concert".

9. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

The tracks were "Proud Mary" and "Bad Moon Rising".

They can also be found on some vinyl pressings of the "Creedence Gold" comp. My 80's (blue label) US pressing has them.

[​IMG]

The wide stereo "Bad Moon Rising" can also be found on a Fantasy "lightning label" reissue single (w/Lodi as the A side). The mix on the 45 is a bit "hotter" than the Creedence Gold LP.

[​IMG]

Info here: http://www.bsnpubs.com/oddities/creedence.html

10. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Ok, Sure I have all those and they are pretty weird mixes...I'll stick with my AF SACD's...

Thanks for all the quick responses...

Oh yeah,No knock on the DCC versions...I wish the whole catalog could have been done on DCC like they did with the AF SACD's....

I'm sure we could start a whole new thread on the differences between the sound of the DCC's vs. the AF SACD's...

JF

11. Russ Gary

Russ Gary Engineering Legend

Hi Steve,

I recall our discussion about the CCR quad mixes not being so great. And, I've never realized that wide stereo mixes were made. It amazes me that some folks (probably corporate types) will delve into the original multitrack tapes without all of the original elements in place and expect the results to be as good as the original mixes.

--Russ

12. Steve Hoffman

Russ, funny, I thought of you when I heard these dreadful mixes in the studio a few years ago. Just the antithesis of your original great Creedence mixing style and the style of the second album done at RCA. Can't believe they were issued at all!

Yet a few people LOVE them. Why? Wide stereo! The fact that the mixes stink seem to not bother these people..

McLover likes this.
  13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I like them for what they are...of course not to replace the originals...just a different flavor.:):thumbsup:
    not as much as the Gary Lewis and the Playboys wide stereo that someday I'm hoping you will remaster! Oh boy! would that be it for me...

14. Steve Hoffman

Ah, but there is a difference, Michael!

The Gary Lewis wide stereo mixes are good BECAUSE THE MIXES ARE GOOD! Yes, they are funny wide, but I mean, they are correct, voice, music balance, etc. because they were mixed by the same people who did the mono mixes.

The Creedence remix stuff from the middle 1970s seems to have been mixed by someone who never heard the originals before!

15. Michael

yes, you are correct about CCR... I agree...

OK, now when are we going to get a 2 CD set of STEREO Gary?:D

16. SACDLover

SACDLover Forum Resident

There is a wide stereo mixes on SACD for the boxset?

17. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I have the SACD boxset, there is no wide stereo mixes included.

18. 16/44.1

Only the vinyl set has the wide version.
    But is there a change it will be on SACD?

19. Steve Hoffman

opened

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

nearly 6 years later and I'm still hoping to see a Gary Lewis & the Playboys with the original stereo mixes on CD remastered by Steve Hoffman! love the mono CD that you did, but it's stereo for me with Gary!

21. Steve Hoffman

Ha, years go by but what we want seems to never happen! We'll never hear the original stereo GARY mixes on CD, I'm afraid.

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

looks that way...too bad for us. : ( as they years go by that chances dwindle...

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

And now I've pulled out the Gary Lewis comp., and see all kinds of missing details on the Discogs page, which I will now correct.

Hard to keep up around here sometimes, luckily it'll get quiet in about 30 minutes, always does.

24. Michael

typo: THE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.