Crosby/Clooney-"Fancy Meeting You Here": Recommended?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by guy incognito, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Oh, I love Fancy Meeting You Here. My mom had it as a Columbia House album from the period, and I loved their rendition of "Brazil" when I was a teenager in the '80s (I know, odd choice - I've always had pretty eclectic tastes). I mentioned that online and someone sent me the RCA/Bluebird CD not long after it had been released. I think it sounds wonderful, given the vintage of the recording, and I quickly grew to adore the whole disc. I think it hangs together as a story well, Bing and Rosie give impeccable performances with oodles of chemistry, the songs are well-chosen and the arrangements a nice little period hoot.

I would love to see somebody turn this into a musical - would make an amusing film with the right stars.

2. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Fancy Meeting You Here is a fun album. Coming to it as a Crosby fan, initially I was not a hugh fan of Clooney's vocal style, but she did grow on me. I must enjoy it as I have 2 copies of the CD for some reason.

However....I also love, and may prefer, The Crosby Clooney Radio Sessions set

3. eschorama

eschorama Forum Resident

Just picked up the original "living stereo" vinyl at Goodwill for a buck. Listening now and it is thoroughly enjoyable. The kind of album that takes you back in time. Gently swinging, smooth and fun.

sunspot42 and Brian Mc like this.
  4. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

It's a great record. I'd love to see someone make a period globetrotting film musical around it, set in that period. George Clooney would be perfect for the male lead, and that would be an interesting twist. Not sure who could be the female lead. Which of our thirtysomething starlets can sing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.