CSNY DVD news

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by David P. Hill, Sep 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident Thread Starter

September 6: Young's "Rust" Awakens
    From Rolling Stone:Ê
    NEIL YOUNG's classic concert film, "Rust Never Sleeps," will be released on DVD on September 24th. The movie, which was directed by Young under the pseudonym BERNARD SHAKEY, was shot at an October 1978 performance in San Francisco. The nearly two-hour set includes acoustic numbers such as "Sugar Mountain" and "Comes a Time" in addition to an electric set with CRAZY HORSE that features "Like a Hurricane" and "Cortez the Killer."Ê
    In 1997, Rolling Stone listed the performance as one of the ten best live shows in rock history.

September 5: CSNY Tour Of America on DVD?
    According a journalist, Graham Nash is hard at work on the CSNY DVD. Probably it won't be done in time for Xmas, but he's doing the actual compiling, and is in the process of choosing performances from the last tour.

May 14: New technology with Déjà Vu feeling..
    Graham Nash is suggesting work on a DVD- Audio of "Déjà Vu" and.... the "CSNY Tour Of America" even by Christmas.

2. sgraham

sgraham New Member

I hope the original mix of "Deja Vu" is presented. I seem to be in the minority, but I hated Graham's remix of his "Songs for Beginners".

3. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Stephen Barncard has talked about doing a remix of Deja Vu before (I posted the details). It would be very interesting, although I'm not too keen on DVD-A myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.