Current Fleetwood Mac Rehearsals That Have Just Wrapped Up...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry C. McGinnis III, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Hypnotized" is such a mesmerizing song. I would LOVE to hear Lindsey cover that song.

athensdrums, Carserguev and theMess like this.
  2. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

I wasn't too impressed by the last tour. It was far too much a Lindsey Buckingham one man show. And Mick's drums were way too loud in the mix. The highlight for me was Stevie singing 'Sara'. I bought tickets for this round too only because Christine is back. I'm hoping for a more balanced band effort. I like to think that the last tour was the rehearsal; this one is the real thing.

theMess likes this.
  3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Not sure what you're trying to say here, or how it's an answer to what I wrote....

4. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

I'm a casual F-Mac fan at best, but I always felt C-Mac had the best voice of the three frontliners. Glad to hear she's back.

Carserguev likes this.
  5. It's called sarcasm. You honestly believe that her rejoining Fleetwood Mac is the only reason fans would want to see them in concert so soon after the band's latest tour?
    You do realize they are a classic, timeless band with millions of records sold and millions of fans all over the world, right?

6. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I saw them twice as a 4 piece but it just wasn't the same. A good show, mind you, but it was lacking that certain something...or someone:)
    I also wish I could blink my eyes and make Say You Will disappear forever....

on7green likes this.
  7. Squealy

Yeah, thanks for reminding me...

If Christine hadn't rejoined the band, I very much doubt they would have undertaken another tour so quickly. I would have been quite annoyed if I'd paid their high prices to see them last year and then they announced they were coming back with Christine.

8. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

I think I got what you're saying- if I had seen them last year without her I probably wouldn't do it again this year. Add her back to the mix and maybe I would. That would be true for me.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, with Christine back in the fold, they can start to perform "C'mon Get Happy" again.

Brother Maynard likes this.
  10. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

or Indian Lake:)

11. Yes. So? Your original comment/point is still lost on me. You still haven't made it clear? What were you trying to say?

You: "If Christine hadn't rejoined the band, I very much doubt they would have undertaken another tour so quickly."

And? Of course they wanna celebrate her rejoining the band. Could they have easily done another tour without her? Sure. They're Fleetwood Mac. They don't NEED her. Are they better WITH her? Yes.

I'm glad she's back. After all, how many bands have all of THREE talented songwriters?

12. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

Susan! Stop twirling and put that top hat down THIS INSTANT!

SonyTek likes this.
  13. Squealy

It was a semi-cynical response to the statement from someone else "She's crucial to this incarnation." As in, yeah, she's crucial, because now they can do another big tour a year later, when they probably wouldn't have. Not saying I'm not happy to see her back or that she isn't important for other reasons.

theMess and Volt-and-Volume like this.
  14. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

He could you know, he has the range...

15. Ok. Then I completely misinterpreted your comment. Sorry! I actually thought you felt like they really needed Christine in order to continue to be "credible" or a "force to be reckoned with".

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  16. Squealy

Wolfgang's Vault has (or had) some recordings from a 1975 Fleetwood Mac concert, and you can hear Lindsey singing "Hypnotized" there. In that lineup's earliest shows they had to do songs from the Bob Welch albums to fill out the set.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Volt-and-Volume likes this.
  17. Yeah. I don't doubt for a second that it would sound absolutely wonderful. I think it would give me chills. And it would be a nice tribute to early Fleetwood Mac.

dougb222 likes this.
  18. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Exactly!

Hep Alien likes this.
  19. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Yeah, I was wondering what you found so disagreeable. Not only would they have not wanted to go into another big tour so soon, particularly Stevie, but I doubt they would've done good business doing arenas and covering the same cities as last year. In fact, the last tour ended at the beginning of this year. Christine is the only reason for this tour, both in their willingness to do it and their commercial viability.

theMess likes this.
  20. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

I'll be hoping for Albatross, Rattlesnake Shake (25min version with Underway),Green Manalishi,Stranger Blues, My Dream,World In Harmony, Shake Your Moneymaker, Sandy Mary, Loving Kind, Tiger and Oh Well when i see them with Peter, Danny and Jeremy on the 50th anniversary tour.

longaway and Hep Alien like this.
  21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Crush on LB?

22. Yes. I admit it. I'm not gay, but, man, do I have a male crush on Lindsey. Me: "My name is Thomas H. Thomsen, and I'm addicted to Lindsey Buckingham!"

23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Like Keenan Thompson, he's ya main MAN!

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  24. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

He did, on his first tour with the band.

Volt-and-Volume likes this.
  25. Sounds like a worthy archival release. That is, if they actually recorded any of the concerts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.