"Dallas" remake is in the works, talent cast...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Texastoyz, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

Just watched (most) of the J.R. funeral episode on YouTube (I asked my brother to PVR it and I'll watch it another day at my leisure). Very, very well done. Nicely written, especially the eulogies given at the gravesite.

2. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

In a note that was to be read after his death, that's exactly what he tells John Ross to do.

3. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I'm reading between the lines, but it looks like J R was after a bunch of people. Of the three mentioned(Pam, Bobby's wife's ex and Barnes), I can't figure out the Pam angle. J R HATED her. Maybe I missed something. Bottom line is, the remaining episodes should be hot, especially after Barnes took Bobby lightly after he crashed the wake. C'mon J R, get Barnes crushed like a cockroach should!

4. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

More will be revealed when we find out the contents of the envelope handed to Christopher near the end of last episode.

5. thermal123

thermal123 Forum Resident

I can't help thinking the show will suffer without J R - Larry Hagman for me was Dallas.

6. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Yup, I agree. It's too bad....this is where we really could use another Pam's dream and the shower scene.

7. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

I think J.R.'s presence will still be there for some time to come...

8. RockWizard

Saw an interview with Patrick Duffy. He more or less said that they needed a villian and Hagman jumped all over it. As a result, "we" rode his back for 13 seasons. Yes, Hagman WAS Dallas. They have some nasties on this current version, but NOTHING like J R.

When all the smokes clears at season's end, I really wonder if a 3rd season is in the cards. They might not have J R in the mix, but there could be a lot of surrounding feuding to keep things interesting.

9. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

It's all that damned Parmalee's fault.

MMM likes this.
  10. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

11. StereoFanOregon

StereoFanOregon Forum Resident

Been watching the new version and I have to say I've been enjoying it very much, the different levels of intrigue have been well setup. John Ross' character has enough slime to him to keep things going as long as Cliff continues to needle the South Fork gang.

12. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

I wish they'd stop bringing back Ray and Lucy unless they give them something to do other than say "Hi! Remember us?"

13. RockWizard

Ray's character will be relevant long as he still has shares in the company(Ewing Energy/Oil). Another episode tonight. Should be a hum-dinger. I still can't believe that slime Barnes left the rig explode especially after being told his PREGNANT daughter was on it. Stay tuned folks!

14. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I didn't watch tonight's episode, but I've been enjoying the show only because of the old characters, e.g. Sue Ellen, Bobby, Barnes, etc. Does anyone know why Pam isn't in the show? I don't remember Bobby's current wife being on the show, but maybe I quit watching before then end of the original series. The new wife adds more storyline to the show. I always thought Pam was the hottest woman on the show, but maybe she hasn't aged well.

15. dirwuf

The original Pam character left the series several years before it ended (as Victoria Principal decided to move on), she apparently was killed in an explosion, but it was later revealed that Pam had survived but she disappeared and no one knew what happened to her...

The producers of the new series have tried to get Principal to return, but she recently publicly stated that she has no intention of doing so...though there are some who think that is a ruse. I find it curious that they are pursuing a storyline with the character, so who knows...

16. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

Watched last night's episode- very, very good with a very depressing ending — Cliff Barnes has hit a new low!

17. RockWizard

The fur is going to fly once the findings of the investigation go public. Cliff Barnes might just find out how nasty "nice" brother Bobby can be!

18. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

2 hour season finale tonight!

19. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Has there been any word whether or not there is going to be a third season on TNT?

20. RockWizard

I'm wondering that too. Things very intense and lots of stuff that could easily carry the show to another season.

21. dirwuf

Steve-oh likes this.
  22. RockWizard

Good news. Just hope the long "vacation" doesn't lose fans.

23. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'll continue to watch it as long as the original cast stay with the show.

The summer of 2014 for season 3? Somebody remind me when it comes back!

24. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

25. RockWizard

Hmmm.....the article said "early 2014". Have they changed their minds(or came to their senses) from going in the summer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.