Danzig new song on Spotify

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Anders Hedman, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anders Hedman

Anders Hedman Forum Resident Thread Starter

There's a song ("Devil on Hwy 9") from Danzig's forthcoming album up on Spotify. After two listens I must say I hate it. I used to like the guy but now, lyrics, music, cover art, everything he does these days is worse than a parady of himself. I really do can wait (hopefully forever) on the Danzig sings Elvis album that's going to be released. What's your oppionion of Danzig's later day stuff and the new song in particular?

ian christopher likes this.
  2. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

Song sounds like it was recorded by an amateur and not in a good way. His voice sound shot. To me Circle of snakes was Danzig's last great album.

3. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I listened to it earlier this morning. I like it, but I am not a huge fan of the constant pinch harmonics on guitar. Unfortunately, that's been the norm ever since Tommy Victor's been with him.

4. Anders Hedman

Anders Hedman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank you for giving me a term for what I hate with Tommy Victor's guitar sound :) Get John Christ back before it's too late!!

AaronW and ian christopher like this.
  5. redsmith7887

redsmith7887 Forum Resident

Just gave it a listen as well. Eh.... that voice does seem shot. I went back and put on the debut. Also listen to 4 for a bit. I'm sure I have it but I don't think I've played it since its first spin. Didn't seem to remember most of it.

6. mwicks

mwicks Forum Resident

Danzig needs to get a producer again.

Anders Hedman and AaronW like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.