David Bowie - Heroes 2017 fixed remaster

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

You better no buy cd or Lp enymore. Haha. Nhf

My replacement cd and Lp sound excellent

2. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Anyone else found it impossible to deal with the robots that seem to be working on replacements? They failed to send a replacement back in December when I first emailed, following the replacement protocol (they did send that defective LP, so that's something, I suppose). But it has been nigh on impossible to get them to realize that I also need the replacement CD. They claimed to have sent one at the end of February, but I haven't seen it yet. Really shouldn't be this hard, and I'm sure that if I do finally get a replacement it will be the standard silver version as opposed to the "gold" box set version that I need for the set.

I've emailed 6 times to sort this out with no luck at all.

Rant over...

3. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I have faced the same thing. They told me the lp's were shipped (twice)-- but I have yet to recieve anything.

Lots of emails... yet crickets at my mailbox.

sennj likes this.
  4. Totti is god

I email them 3 times and they told me the l and cd were shipped. I recieved 20 days later.

5. killie99

killie99 Forum Resident

1st replacement was horrendous on side 2 right channel.
    2nd replacement arrived today and it's just as bad on side 2.
    I presume it's caused by a bad stamper and there will probably be quite a large number of defective lp's?
    Going to send it back again and hopefully 3rd time lucky.

6. sennj

I just got an email from Warners saying that the Heroes replacement program has ended so you won't get the CD we owe you, but feel free to purchase the new standalone CD or the dowload. (I'm paraphrasing a bit but you get the gist.)

I am so p!$$ed off about this. I wrote for a replacement back on 8 December, the very first day it was announced that replacements were available. They never sent the CD. I wrote back in February saying I never received the disc. I wrote again after a couple more weeks. They replied to "check with the post office." Wrote back again to say I never received it can you send a replacement, please. Nothing since--I was completely ignored with each email I wrote. Now the program is done and I missed out because of sheer incompetence and complete indifference to paying customers.

They did send a defective and unlistenable replacement LP (yes, I was dumb enough to buy both sets), so there's that, I suppose.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening...

7. Totti is god

Look at the post above you. People will back lp’s numerous time. Omg!!!

One time pay, and 3-4 time back. How yes know!!! Hahaha

I have old one and new one. Cd and lp

I think people to much exchange lp this days. In 80 this no possible.

Sorry fo my English

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Adam Bosman and obi like this.
  8. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

That's the bloddy limit. If there was this big red button preventing Parlophone/Warner from ever issuing another Bowie title, consider it pushed. So with them flipping customers a finger, the remaining box sets is them selling defective product.

sennj likes this.
  9. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

Would you copy and paste the email you received?

10. sennj

Sure:

The offer for replacement discs of “Heroes” from the David Bowie box set “A New Career In A New Town (1977-1982)” has now come to an end. However, the version of the album with the updated “Heroes” is available from all streaming and download services, as well as on individual CD and LP via all good physical outlets.

Kind Regards,

This, after mailing them in December, then again in January, February, and March stating that I needed a replacement. Sent a copy of my box set receipt every time.

Completely ignored until they thought enough of me to finally reply and say "you're screwed, but you can spend more money on our product."

Kinda Kafka-esque, but without all of the overlaying totalitarian existential dread. Just big companies not really giving a damn in this case. The most frustrating thing is there was really no other way to get them to respond. I tried Facebook messaging, sending a Tweet, emailing different customer service divisions--nothing. No response at all for months.

I have emailed Dr. Rhino and, like Obi-Wan, he may be my only hope.

11. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

That is total BS. What a cluster of a reissue program.

tin ears, NightGoatToCairo and sennj like this.
  12. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Wow so bad.

13. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I need to listen closely to the replacement vinyl since I didn't hear anything.

Perhaps we can post matrix info to try an identify where the messed up pressings come from?

14. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

A New Career in a New Town was a questionable (at least) product from day one release date, for multiple reasons. Retrospective thanks (not) to those on SHF who gave us a hard time over being bothered by it, and / or defended the company that goes under the name “Parlophone”. Perhaps next time they can start their own forum in order to discuss the attributes of “Parlophone” colored vinyl and how problems with expensive, important amd intensely anticipated reissues and box sets don’t matter.

As sound quality fan and rock “legend” Henry Rollins said about A New Career in a New Town:

“Avoid”....

15. jon9091

I just posted that letter from Parlophone/Warner on my original (rather scathing) Amazon review

16. Not something I'd usually suggest so don't get pissy out there, but maybe in this case order the new single item from Amazon and then return the bad one listing it as defective. Just don't have them send a replacement.....

17. jon9091

I like it. What can we trade Low for?

18. There are times ya gotta work the system :tiphat:

19. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Was it ever confirmed that the replacements discs and the single lp release were different pressings?

I've never actually played side 2 of my replacement copy to check whether it is defective or not.

20. footprintsinthesand

And now that nobody mentions it .. how about the counterfeit ANCIANT box set ? I'm not looking for it, but surely the Asian friends have done their best , or didn't even bother :shrug:? In that case their deliberation video would be priceless on YouTube :agree:

21. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

You need to send them a copy of your 0riginal e-mail - when you requested the replacement during the offer period. There's no way you should have to buy a new copy. Dr. Rhino has good business sense. Should be able to help. Good luck!

sennj likes this.
  22. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

FYI - I requested my replacement on January 22, 2018 and it was approved and sent with no problem.

23. footprintsinthesand

No need to rub it in :shake:

24. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

Good shout

25. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

Certainly not my intent.

:shrug:

TonyCzar and footprintsinthesand like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.